abcdefg...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JanetsBears

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, the most basic of things give a huge amount of pleasure. Made this for one of my granddaughters who's starting to learn the alphabet and she loves it. Now we're both having fun playing with it and learning :)

Chris
20170621_214543b.jpg

Attachments

• 20170621_214543b.jpg
    20170621_214543b.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 559
JimiJimi":337ghpg6 said:
Lovely work. Is it stained or painted?
Thanks, it's painted with cheap acrylic paint from 'The Works' or similar (stole it from my wife's craft room, shhh) with a couple of coats of spray lacquer to give it some protection from sticky fingers. The letters and numbers are painted just on one side so the little one knows which side faces up and I was careful to make sure the b, d, p and q were different colours because they're almost identical in that font.

The letters and numbers are cut from 6mm birch ply and then the 3mm ply backing was roughly painted with blobs in the right places before the whole lot was glued together and the outer edge was cut.

The whole job didn't take long at all and we've been playing with it again today so it's well worth the effort.

Chris

Back