Anyone know what kind of lamp this is?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearTricks

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to sell this lamp. Took it off my dad's hands when he moved, but I've never used it as the other half doesn't like it.

Does anyone know what kind of lamp it is so I can upload it to eBay or something with the right description? I've tried to google but I don't know where to start. There's no makers mark on it. It might not be worth anything, but who knows.

Attachments

• IMG_00492.jpg
    IMG_00492.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,269
I'd describe it as follows:
Barley twist stem table top lamp (victorian in style), with optional bleached pumpkin lampshade :lol:

Is it a converted candle stick?
Might be worth more re-converted, given the current fad of candles

Droogs":161jui28 said:
I'd describe it as follows:
Barley twist stem table top lamp (victorian in style), with optional bleached pumpkin lampshade :lol:

And corroded plug. :D

Seriously - the stem is very nice.

BugBear

The absence of a maker's mark could be because it was made by an amateur - it's the sort of project that used to be featured in The Woodworker - plenty of skill needed, low cost of materials, most homes could fit one in.

Or it could just date back to a time when branding was less important and lots of small workshops made fairly standard items.

AndyT":2f5ulpw7 said:
The absence of a maker's mark could be because it was made by an amateur - it's the sort of project that used to be featured in The Woodworker - plenty of skill needed, low cost of materials, most homes could fit one in.

Or it could just date back to a time when branding was less important and lots of small workshops made fairly standard items.

I could turn the wooden part of it quite easily on either of my 2 Legacy Lathes, and they can do a lot more than that shape,______hollow spirals etc etc.
However I have no idea what to call it, other than "Lamp Stand" what is the top made of by the way,? looks like some old stuff they used years ago
Timber

I ended up selling it. Got £15 for it, which could well be less than it's worth but it's one less thing taking up space and more money for the new shed fund.

The top is just glass.

Latest posts

Back