Smashing time

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Been playing again.
As the title I had a smashing time doing this one.
As of yet this bowl has not got a name. This was just experimenting with the rim. I kept the main bowl and underside simple as I wanted the rim to speak for this one.
Wood is unknown but I believe it is maple if you know different then please let me know(I don't get maple usually).

It measures 13 1/2" X 2 1/2" and the decoration was done using acrylic paints

Maple seems a good call for that. Sprayed with a base coat and masking tape before a lighter spray through a stencil?

I don't agree with the description of the bowl form with raised rim detail and trumpet bell base as simple, I'd consider it to be classic in its own right.

The crispness and edge definition of the rim decor is complimentary to the form in my eyes and forms a very attractive whole rather than a stand alone statement.

LancsRick":37ltpf2x said:
Maple seems a good call for that. Sprayed with a base coat and masking tape before a lighter spray through a stencil?

Just masking tape cut the triangle out then move it a fraction so the two sides are exposed with a straight edge cover the corner and spray then remove straight edge and spray again all the time giving light coats finally remove the triangle completely and a light dusting from the unsprayed edge

CHJ":37ltpf2x said:
I don't agree with the description of the bowl form with raised rim detail and trumpet bell base as simple, I'd consider it to be classic in its own right.

The crispness and edge definition of the rim decor is complimentary to the form in my eyes and forms a very attractive whole rather than a stand alone statement.

Thank you Chas. Maybe not the best word to use "simple" more like clean looking design :lol: I try to imagine what the whole looks like before starting.

Good looking bowl Derek, as I said else where I particularly like the glass shard effect, very striking
cheers
Andy

Yes, I forgot to say that I like that as well.
Perhaps an unconscious influence from Stewart?

Robbo3":2equjf36 said:
Yes, I forgot to say that I like that as well.
Perhaps an unconscious influence from Stewart?

Thank you Robbo.

No influence from Stewart I brought the airbrush to do this type of work quite a while ago it was someone else using an airbrush that started me along this route but wanted to find something different to do with it. Stewart's work is totally different to this and he is doing a fantastic job of the bowls he is making, I however may try to use stains later as Stewart has but not the same designs which I did comment on in his posts.

Back