Freaked out by Batman a bit...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NazNomad

Established Member
Reaction score
Been cutting / sanding / painting this for a couple of days on & off.

100_8812.jpg

Said to the OH this morning that I am a bit obsessed with batman recently.

.... then the b*gger goes and dies. :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's crazy mental good !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I just remembered I don't have a 15'' square anything for a backer... Another project shelved then.

Batman's dead? !!!!!!...........to the Batmobile Robin 9-)

Great work Naz as always.......I love the original Batman but not really into the modern stuff, bit like Bond I like the early stuff.
Cheers
Brian
ps if you were a Batman villain what would your name be? The Scroller?

After painting those pieces, Mr. F-Bomb would probably be my Batman villain name.

Not my thing Naz, ("but it takes all sorts .... ") and I takes me 'at off to yer for a flipping good paint job Mate.

AES

Naz can you recommend a brand/type of paint to paint MDF with as some of my customers want full coloured segmentation projects with no wood grain showing, we tried using coloured wood dyes but they looked messy and the wood grain was still visable.
I prefer to just use the natural wood with waxed finished but more people have asked me to paint them and seems a shame to use Oak when MDF will do, they are more interested in the actual shaping and the colour matching their pets than having nice wood.
I would also want to put a satin finish on the finished item (not glossy) and prefer water based products if possible.
Cheers
Brian
ps when ya doing a Hulk project?

With much shame, I have to admit that I used ready-mixed pains from the Early learning Centre. Not sure what it actually consists of but with a sponge brush it goes on beautifully.

They do a shed-load of colours too.

Naz, do they do a "Late Learning Centre" in UK? Would be ideal for me :D

Brian, if it's any help at all, I've done a LITTLE MDF painting, using artist's acrylics (well thinned for the airbrush). I've found that shellac makes a very good primer, even on the cut edges, and being such a "nice" smooth finish it's quite easy to get a good gloss, or nice even satin.

But again Naz, in the pic that paint job does look nice, very smooth and even.

AES

I'm assuming, probably wrongly, that the ELC paint is a watered down acrylic or something very like it. The Batman above is ½'' ply so I reckon you'd get an even smoother finish with a 'grainless' product like MDF?

But those little foam brushes... I'm totally smitten. No brush marks at all.

AES":3vokvtp3 said:
Naz, do they do a "Late Learning Centre" in UK? Would be ideal for me :D

Better late than the ''Some People Never Learn Centre'' :-D

NazNomad":3tydtc5a said:
After many dry runs, I committed to the glue today.

100_8967a.jpg

Blimey Naz that looks brilliant! it really stands out :D
What's ya next project?

Cheers
Brian

Back