Jig / clamp for cutting vertically on mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny G

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Until I can afford a tablesaw or bandsaw I may have to make the odd vertically oriented cut using my mitre saw. Obviously this isn't ideal as I'll be very limited on height, but for smaller pieces it should be OK if I can clamp it securely and safely.

I'll looked through the stickied post on jigs but couldn't find exactly what I'm after and although I've got a fairly good idea of how I can make something suitable, I thought it was worthwhile asking first to see if anyone has ever made anything similar or could link to a suitable clamp for sale.

Cheers!

Jon.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!, firstly you will get severe kickback, secondly the blade is not suited for rip cuts which is what this will be doing, best option is do it by hand,

are you cross cutting or ripping? i had interpretted it as cross cutting

If you're talking about for example flipping a 2x4 on end to perform a cut down it's length, then I'd stay well clear of that.

Yeah, I was talking about ripping. Probably explains why there aren't any jigs available. I guess I'll just do it the old fashioned way...

Thanks for the save!

my toes have just curled up and my fist clenched, don't do it I have seen a lot of people try this using a piece of timber to hold the piece there cutting in place, and bang they nearly take out half the room with timber flying all over the place,
Paul

Back