Anyone here made a router table for BoschPOF1200AE please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Looked on utube and was not impressed so asking if anyone here has had success?

I do have a sheet of clear perspex is it really man enough to carry the Bosch, cut to around 200mm x 200mm?

Are you sure exactly what it is? perspex, acrylic, there are lots of clear plastics and some are very soft (sag) and some are very brittle (stress fractures) It would need to be at least 10 mm thick.

Unless you have a good machining skills it would be better to buy a plate. There is (was?) a guy on ebay selling stainless steel plates. That will be my next plate.

Just to add... I currently have a KREG plate. Made of phenolic resin. not much more than 40 quid, and with three different sized bushing plates thrown in. Its barely worth the effort to make your own
The first one I had developed a sag on two planes. Kreg replaced that plate instantly and without quibble, sending it direct from the states. Thats customer service.
But i am now forever doubting this plate, despite the fact its now well over a year old and no sign of sag yet.

Thats why i will go to stainless when (if) this one does move, just for the peace of mind.

Thanks for replies, Got out my bosch router and its a no go for me, I do not even have the strength in my left thumb to push the plunge mechanism down. So I will most probably look around for an offer of a table plus router at rock bottom price, at my age I am only looking short term.

I made a "redneck" router lift for my table out of scrap wood pieces bolted to the handle bolts and a piece of 10 mm studding, connected to a rotary handle on the front of the cabinet.
My router table is so cheap and nasty (not to mention ugly) I wont even post pictures of it, but I can adjust the depth in infinite increments with minimum force required.
Think cheap, it often works.

I wouldn't bother with a table as such. I would attach a piece of ply to the bottom of the router- like a shop made plate, and clamp a straight edge to it. You could hold it in a workmate, vice etc in use.

Back