Leather for aprons etc.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timber

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have several sheets of leather to dispose of suitable for making welding aprons and tool rolls etc. COPTDEX is a good glue for it. If there is any interest I will put the measurements etc. on the for sale part of this site. I suppose now the mods will move this !!!!!!??????
Regards
Timber

what type of leather is it? is it suitable for wet forming, and how thick is it?

Sewing and riveting would be best, although glue and rivets would work I have used pop rivets with a washer on the back.

Pete

Racers":djzr99oe said:
Sewing and riveting would be best, although glue and rivets would work I have used pop rivets with a washer on the back.

Pete
I made one about 10 years ago (apron that is) and used copydex to fasten the neck strap that I had cut from the sheet of leather itself .to fasten at the waist a short bungee after punching two holes in the leather, nothing too fancy.
often use the apron laid flat when on my knees in the swarf looking for dropped items !!!
Timber

marcros":3ui7ieff said:
what type of leather is it? is it suitable for wet forming, and how thick is it?
No idea what sort ,nothing special, just comes in useful for all sorts of things.
Just sent a box of chisels away and put a couple of bits at the end of the box to stop the delivery drivers from driving sharp chisels through the box ends. Also have often made washers and gaskets for different jobs
Will have to measure later, and put a pic up, on the for sale section.
Everything is a struggle at the moment , bit of a chest complaint---------------- don't need sympathy----- just your money!!!
Cheers
Timber

So basically getting ready for the new improved post Brexit NHS then timber :)

I would be interested in some leather.....if I interpret your original posting correctly. I'd like to make some custom tool holders. Can you post in sales what you are offering.. many Thanks

I baught some leather from Timber, it arrived today. I am delighted. I'm no expert, but I believe it to be really good quality, a lovely large piece for a very very good price. There is more than enough for an apron, or a saw holder which is what I wanted it for.

From my dealings with Timber I have to say he is in my opinion an honourable and delightful chap. Thank you.

I baught some leather from Timber, it arrived today. I am delighted. I'm no expert, but I believe it to be really good quality, a lovely large piece (circa 50" x 20", 1.5mm thick) for a very very good price. There is more than enough for an apron, or a saw holder which is what I wanted it for.

The picture is what Timber set me of what I would receive.

From my dealings with Timber I have to say he is in my opinion an honourable and delightful chap. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 858
Seconded. My bits arrived in good order and record time as well. True Gentleman and an absolute pleasure to have a chat with.

Thanks again Timber.

Latest posts

Back