UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use mitre glue and kicker from screw (you)fix. Costs more than a quid but with the kicker means it's instant.

I wouldn't recommend the super glue kickers I've used Claymore (Brian), 'cos they tend to turn the glue almost "iron" hard (though perhaps there are others I havn't tried). If you want to get the joint apart again (which in your case you obviously do) I would have thought that even with a little spray of kicker, splitting the joint again would damage the parent wood.

P.S. WTH is Wilkinson's? I only know of a razor blade company :D

AES

AES":1he8gxzj said:
P.S. WTH is Wilkinson's? I only know of a razor blade company :D

AES
AKA "Wilko".
wilko.jpg

FWIW there's a 3 bottles per person ration at the barrow store. I've no idea whether that's a nationwide thing or not.

Col.

Attachments

• wilko.jpg
    wilko.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 848
A pinch of baking soda acts as a kicker Brian. It also sands a bit easier assuming you have sanding sticks that can actually reach into tricky places. Try it on a test piece first though because using too much can leave an ugly looking crusty deposit that's hard to get rid of. One trick I use is to put baking soda on one surface that's laid flat on the bench and superglue on the other then lower it gently into place.

[youtube]Z9qqEbPxx0k[/youtube]

Back