Elm Hollow Form

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy43

Established Member
Reaction score
A little elm hollow form appox 5.5" high x 5.5" diameter at its widest, c&c welcome
Regards
Andy
elm12.jpg

elm13.jpg

Attachments

• elm12.jpg
    elm12.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,579
  • elm13.jpg
    elm13.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1,579
I love that!

I'm smitten with the look of elm grain pattern, really want to make an elm stool at some point. I missed some lovely (and cheap £60 for a 10'x20"x3" board) elm boards that a local chap had planked up a few years back. Someone turned up an hour before me and bought the lot!

F.

selectortone":2necz45k said:
Very nice! What hollowing tools do you use?

Hi
I use the crown 5/8ths revolution hollower and a set of hollowing tools from George Watkins
cheers
Andy

That looks really nice, and very tactile. 8) 8)
Never thought how that's done but will have to go and look on google. Keep up the good work.............dom

Like it! Very nice shape.

How would you rate your hollowing tools? Am thinking of buying either the crown or a hamlet brother system myself.

donie":1lhksqdu said:

How would you rate your hollowing tools? Am thinking of buying either the crown or a hamlet brother system myself.

Hi Donie, thanks for the comments
I cant really comment on the big brother system as I have never used one, but I have the 5/8th crown system and it works very well, it has taken me quite a while to get used to it, I bought mine from Mark Sanger a good while back who makes using it look really easy ( check his videos out on youtube) the other hollowing tools I use are the ones from George Watkins and these I have found very easy to use, he also has a video on how to use them,
hope that helps
Andy

donie":2byogezv said:

Like Andy I have the crown system again brought from Mark Sanger. If you have any questions about it give him a ring and he will happily tell you about it he is very helpful.

As Andy stated and I should think this applies to most systems once you have a bit of practice they work a treat. I like mine but don't use it as much as I want due to other projects

Back