Sawhorse choice - Toughbuilt v Fat max

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali

Established Member
Reaction score
Need a set of sawhorses with adjustable feet height. Have the choice between these two.

Does anybody have experience of the toughbuilt? I don't mind spending money on them but don't want to unneccesarily fork out if its not needed so advice/experience will be appreciated. thanks

A link would be helpful, I have no idea what sawhorse's I have.

Mike

Hello,

The fat max is OK for being a light weight trestle support, but I would avoid if you actually need to do any sawing, they just aren't rigid enough. And too high; why are commercial saw horses too high?

I would make your own at the correct height for actually sawing on, they don't have to be complex.

Mike.

woodbrains":1znkf0p9 said:
Hello,

And too high; why are commercial saw horses too high?

Mike.

I think it because the people who design them have never used them, they don't know that a carpenter will normally kneel on the workpiece to saw it, they also design them as a trestle support to extend the Christmas table not a sawhorse.

Is that the first festive joke?

Mike

Make your own - lots of plans for them about - with the height to suit yourself.

Rod

I have the toughbuilt ones, had them a year now. Bit pricey for a pair, but they are still rock solid, they fold up nice and small, I also carry some 4x2 in my van to make up a table for cutting up sheets with my track saw.

I bought a pair of the standard non adjustable toughbuilts. Very well made but I then bought the much better but more expensive dewalt stands. I didnt like the legs on the toughbuilts as they were too sharp and you couldnt use them on wood floors as they would easily do damage. Ive noticed they've now fixed that with a newer model with feet

Back