Bathroom vanity unit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiscoStu

Established Member
Reaction score
We had a cracked shower tray a couple of months ago, so we went to a bathroom shop and bought a new basin and tap! That was the start of the bathroom refurbish. A cracked shower tray became an entire new bathroom.

Here are some before and after shots. I was particularly pleased with the vanity unit that I made.

Before

c5e3fd7c16e0ce6d942c178df65f2d16.jpg

0f9fd35d7a47bb1279c008009777fd3c.jpg

556dcffdb3deabe99c46ff45d4d462a5.jpg

After

b8e32d0d6433a34c41e130a2abd82f9e.jpg

6d4bf776ce65fbba502194d074246a71.jpg

0fe96e3ad598bac7ce5c4be9fd841904.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got to build a similar unit, can I be cheeky and ask that you add a photo with the doors open?
I'm not sure where to start with the design!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

If I take a photo with the doors open you'll see unfinished MDF! I'll do it anyway.

The doors themselves are just made with 18mm MRMDF and 6mm MRMDF for the panel.

I just put a 6mm slot down the middle of the boards and used dominos to join them together.

0ad3f2bc3ed1627cca75210e46211d7b.jpg

The hinges are Blum soft close.

The top is made from 2 x 600mm square floor tiles. I'm not actually allowed to tell you were they came from.

Excellent, so was the carcass mdf too?

I'm in two minds whether to build a carcass or build it into the wall (my unit is going at the end of a small downstairs toilet, so will have a wall each side

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes the whole thing was MDF. It is then sitting on a plinth. It is also screwed into the wall.

You'll need to at least have something to put the hinges on.

Ah the joys of someone knowing me on more than one forum!

Actually MrsStu did more of the tiling than I did. I put battens down and levelled them etc. I also cut all the tiles but she put most of them on the wall.

The car is getting there. Couple more weeks and it should be sorted.

Flicking through some older threads!

Bathroom looks great!

Compulsory reading material in the bathroom! Axminster catalogue ! :lol:

Thanks and yes Axminster catalogue in all of our bathrooms! It's a standard install. I do wish they would do it again. They still refer to them in store and I find loads of things in them that I never see in store when browsing or on their website. I know they are on the website but I find it hard to just browse. I'd happily pay for one or expect to get one free with an order over £100 or something.

Back