Best cheapest tools / gizmo that you couldn't live without

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MattRoberts":aslg4q1j said:
Coffee stirrers nicked from Costa. Perfect for mixing and applying epoxy (snap in half and you get two), and a good excuse to get a coffee.

Also drinking straws - pinch the end and they're great for scraping glue from inside corner edges.

And these : BQLZR A Pack Of 4 Countersink Drill Bit W/ Quick Change Hex Shank #6 #8 #10 #12 Screw Size https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LITNRIO/ ... dyb90MY90Q

So much easier to use when you want to drill pilot holes for countersink screws

I just ordered some of those. They best not be sh*te!!!

The plastic basins from Sainsburys steak and kidney puddings are ideal for mixing epoxy, let the epoxy set and it will peel off, epoxy does not stick to this type of plastic, eat the S&K pudding first. :lol:

Mike

Helix pencil sharpener. Got fed up losing small sharpeners. Hard to lose this! Can now get pencils sharp enough to use in my Incra rules. £8.99 on the Bay.

Simon

Attachments

• IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 710
A £6 "Ring" branded LED pen torch. Has a magnet on the clip and very bright white LED's. Gets used for all sorts. Need to find another as a spare but screwfix stopped doing em.

Cheap plastic chopping boards.
Can be quickly cut to size on bandsaw as and when required.
Use them for bits of jigs, especially when I need a flat surface which glue won't stick to, as clamping cauls, packing pieces, etc , etc.

Couldn't be without my Stanley knife. The original non-retractable type with larger blades. Marking, cutting sheets etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. oh and whittling. I have one in every tool box ( 9 at last count!).

It sharpens pencils too!

Back