Fest**l - finally going to do it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the 500 at last year's D&M show, i.e. 2015. I bought a set in a deal which included the trim stop and cross stop for the price where they were normally not included. Double checked when I got home and the price was better than anywhere else in the UK I could find. So I would be tempted to hold on until Harrogate and see what is on offer.

Not bought anything else from Festool yet.

Terry.

I made my own domino's using a bandsaw to cut strips of stock, maple as it happens. I then used a chamfer bit in my laminate trimmer and some creative clamping, to profile them. I don't have a router table, otherwise that would have been the obvious choice. Worked fine anyway. I still buy domino's because to be honest, I do all sorts of different jobs, so I use all the sizes. When I bought my domino, FFX were doing a special deal which effectively meant you got 4 full boxes of domino's for free.

If you're not in a rush it's worth biding your time.

In all honesty, unless you're absolutely certain you'd never build a piece big enough to use the larger sizes, I'd buy a domino XL (I did). It's not that much more expensive and another £100 on accessories from Seneca, give you flexibility to use every available domino size.

:) Bought the 500 last week box of biscuits too :lol:

worth checking for true level with something like THIS -- check if main sole is in true plane with Adjustable Fence Face
Should read zero of course

Sometimes can be the odd degree out which throws things a tad

Back