Oak knot box, Finished!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words chaps it means a lot.

Pete

Blimey, that's fantastic!

And topical too as you've finished it just in time for Halloween...it reminds me of a cut out pumpkin!

Seriously Pete, you've done an amazing job there, it's the sort of thing that you expect to see at the Cheltenham Show with a £700 price ticket and a red dot sticker showing it's already been sold!

=D>

Thank you Custard, it was easy starting with a fantastic piece of wood, thank you for sending it to me.

Thanks John

My photo of it on Flickr has made it into Explore and had over 1100 views!

Pete

xy mosian":uzvhi2o4 said:
That really is very nice Pete! Am I right in thinking you got a good deal of pleasure making it?

xy

Yes it was fun to make it, seemed to take longer than I anticipated but I did have to make a couple of jigs up for the feathers.

Thank you N0legs

Pete

With all the internal voids, did you have to take special precautions against internal spelching?

BugBear

No, I just picked out all the spelching with knives, dental picks etc, it took a couple of hours to do.

Pete

Just had to look up 'spelching' :? :roll:

Beautiful work Pete. After messing about making nothing in particular for years I discovered the joys of small box making about 5 years ago - but I've not yet attempted a 'warts and all' style box. A lovely thing - and inspirational too :)

Paul

Well I am not keen on the tray so started to prepare some brown oak for a new one, and veneered some thin ply with ripple sycamore veneer.

Brown oak shavings by Racers, on Flickr

Pete

Really enjoyed all of that, what a lovely piece of wood. Not too keen on being able to see the drawer through the void. I've always wanted to try something like that but fill the hole with a coloured resin.

Back