Decorated Elm Bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
A Elm bowl 7" X 2 3/4" decorated band with two burnt lines either side of the decoration. The decoration is Jo-Sonja paint

C & C Welcome

DSCF6719_zpslhy0gguk.jpg

DSCF6725_zpsqz1s7hdx.jpg

Nice - is that light on the inside of the rim on the second photo?

...not getting personal, but can I see your bottom?

Stiggy":3p8lvzro said:
Nice - is that light on the inside of the rim on the second photo?

...not getting personal, but can I see your bottom?

That is the flash reflection.

The foot is 1/8" tall and 3 1/2" diameter

DSCF6731_zpscyadwu2e.jpg

That's gorgeous. Any tips for getting that acrylic to look like that?

Classy, crisp decoration to lift it out of the mundane but not over the top to take the eyes off the quality of the overall finish.

NazNomad":2tex7i4f said:
That's gorgeous. Any tips for getting that acrylic to look like that?

I applied black Ebonising Lacquer then using my finger I dabbed the acrylic paint on in a random pattern once dry sealed with a clear gloss finish

CHJ":2tex7i4f said:
Classy, crisp decoration to lift it out of the mundane but not over the top to take the eyes off the quality of the overall finish.

Some time wood does not need anything but this piece of quite straight grained elm I felt just needed that little bit of colour.

As you know sometimes wood need to be covered and decorated and others either a little or no colour

That really is beautiful! I really appreciate you guys posting your work, it gives me something to aspire to.

I liked this one so much I bought a set of those paints Derek, really classy look and a great design idea, I am inspired too!

Back