Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
custard":23qj9b88 said:
HornBen":23qj9b88 said:
Maple and Walnut coffee table...

Took a while but got there eventually!

Cheers,

Ben

Nice work Ben, well worth taking your time and getting it right. Those leg to rail joints look really tight and clean.

=D>

Thanks for the feedback - yes I was pretty happy with the results!

minifig.jpg

15'' high, made from carp-wood.

Pipe boxing. 90m of it. 50 more to go.

Attachments

• 266.jpg
    266.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 268.jpg
    268.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 284
  • 270.jpg
    270.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 283
probably not that great compared to some stuff on here, but i made my first workbench and i am pretty pleased with it.
ignore the uneven gap between the electrical cupboard and bench. its the pre-existing wall/cupboard that's squiffy not my bench. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_20160822_203353.jpg
    IMG_20160822_203353.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 265
Nice bench PopaDom, those vices can be used perfectly well for a lot of woodworking tasks despite not being traditional.

I made this a couple of months ago and by now, after a few coats of polish and letting the brass tarnih a bit it's starting to look more at home.

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

Walnut with brass corner guards and handles. Twenty pieces of hardware to flush mount and over One hundred brass screws to drive and clock, which took the majority of the time. I used "full blind" dovetails at the corners so the only end grain on show is a thin lip visible from the side but not too noticeable. I didn't quite trust my mitres to do a secret mitre dovetails but maybe next time. Unfortunately I couldn't get wrapping grain out of the timber I had but since it's round corners I don't think it matters too much.

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 252
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 252
My interpretation of a Puffin as a commission for a baby girl. Carved out of a lump of lime I did a trade with member phillip (thank you once again). Still lots of offcuts to play around with too.

Feet haven't been painted yet upon customers request as they want to do it.

We're lucky in that puffins come to Shetland in their droves and you can get right up next to them - literally within touching distance. I'm not a twitcher by any means but they are always worth going to see as they are such characterful wee things. Love the carving Doris!

No skills required!
Luckily :)
Pair of katangas come shelves for utility room.
Builders merchants (i.e. knotty and twisted) PAR 7x1 and 4x1, 69p hooks from amazon and a tin of chalk paint.
Simple: cut to length, edge with chamfer bit in router, screw together, paint. Wall fixings under end hooks.

IMG_0323.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    276.5 KB · Views: 125
Back