Hand held CNC, shaper origin.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manxman

Established Member
Reaction score
Just came across this on the net, https://shapertools.com/#Howitworks
Looks interesting but only available for pre order and then only in the US.
Partners with festool according to the site so quality at a price I guess.

Mind the slope!

(Did do a search and couldn't find it on the forum so sorry if it's been posted before)

If it works as described, with appropriately tight tolerances, then that's an unbelievably exciting tool.

Thanks for posting, I'll be following this with great interest!

petermillard":1j9nc0kw said:
Jimmy Diresta's just done a quick vid on it

Thanks for posting that link Peter, having watched it that machine is even more exciting!

Before your link I thought the reference tapes had to be outside the work area and precisely applied, but it seems neither of those assumptions were correct.

I'm now thinking of all the labour intensive or hugely complex projects that would become so much more viable with that invention. For example there's an exquisite little cabinet that uses blocks of solid burr for the fielded panels on the door, furthermore the panels are given a very subtle "cushioned" profile, so effectively a compound curve. Just roughing out the four burr panels can take 20 hours work, and to complete them is the best part of a week. With this machine I reckon you'd have all four panels done in a day, and even better the risk of a giant cock-up is pretty much removed.

That's marvellous, I love how they are getting CNC over to the masses who don't have the room for a dedicated machine

That does look like a great piece of kit. The claimed accuracy of 1/100th inch (0.25mm) - not sure I'd use it for cutting box joints!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back