Workshop layout

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemsby

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems like me and a number of forum members home workshop space is always an challenge, so I decided it was time to have a re organisation in my garage/workshop, which is a single garage with a rear extension (knocked through) 24x8 feet total

With the exception of the bench & steel shelving everything is on castors to enable space to be made available depending on what I am making.

Cupboards beneath all the machines save wall space, although not your back :roll:

Usually the only time I need move things around is in bad weather if I have to cut full size sheets inside, but even then it seems to work ok.

Looks really good!

I'm moving into a house with single garage (although only 16ft long) but this gives me hope :)

I'm planning on pretty much the exact same thing, with everything on castors. Possibly with an additional assembly table right at the front, enabling you to access it from 3 sides once the garage door is open.

Fantastic. Inspirational and will be copied!

I'm a lover off all things castors (as per a previous conversation), as it gives you so much more flexibility if you are working in a smaller workshop. I also think I would put things on castors in a larger workshop also.

Love the matching units.

Jonny

No pics, but I've finally got all my kit on castors too. Next job is to fill all the cabinets with drawers and clear out all the rubbish drawers that are cluttering the place up. Casters are a big step forward!

I moved from a double garage sized workshop to a single and have just re-organised with everything now on castors. It simply wouldn't work without them. I thought about extending from the 16ft i have now and doing similar to you. I built a wooden storage shed onto the end but never knocked through as once i got all the rammel out and into it, i had enough space for my needs. Just need to insulate the walls and roof now and i'm set.

Back