Bubinga candlestick

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slemishwoodcrafts

Established Member
Reaction score
Started working on this today as an anniversary present for the in laws. Mother in law has often said she would love one big centre piece candle stick. So I set about making one. Here it is so far.
ec54c0ac92ace709c4f0f1a6b26e6fd7.jpg

b9eaaf14c27512d37b5bce0b50a20035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a lovely piece of wood, look forward to seeing the final piece.

Finished turning tonight. Now just need to get it polished up.
a6c3cce310395ac9861a2619462bc21a.jpg

Very please with how it turned out. (No pun intended [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY])

That is just the sort of thing that makes me want to get a lathe I don't have the room for, the money to invest in the inevitable tool-up stage nor any form of DC to attempt to make a dent in the mess it'd make. I still want one when I see something like that though! Lovely!

Save yourself the money on the dc and buy a dust mask and a broom instead!
But if you can get a second hand lathe. So much choice and value for money

slemishwoodcrafts":2ldzn4tb said:
Save yourself the money on the dc and buy a dust mask and a broom instead!
But if you can get a second hand lathe. So much choice and value for money

I do have a mask and a broom... so that's a start. Having just spent an hour cleaning up 5 bags worth of thicknesses poop, I would now argue very much for DC so big and nasty it sucks the hair right off my head!

78e5747616b07b70f6e7bd3047501f16.jpg
20b4ce0daadf1687564bc292f4f9e6ec.jpg

Here is the finished article. Tried using beeswax to finish but it didn't look right so cut back with 600 grit paper, used some more dealer and finished with friction polish buffed up with a polishing whee on the grinder

Back