British manufactured woodworking tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NazNomad":1xa5bsyr said:
lurker":1xa5bsyr said:
ColeyS1":1xa5bsyr said:
This forums gonna be ruined by Brexit, eu bla de bla. Give it a rest ffs

Coley

I was just thinking the same thing

I'm hoping that in a couple of weeks everyone will go back to the reason this forum exists.

Me too Naz. Doesn't look as if all of us are quite ready yet though.

I will buy what I consider are the best tools for me, wherever they come from; although I think I have just about finished collecting tools. It's time to get some help around my house, so I can find time to start using again, what I have already in my shop.
Now I am going to eat a full 'Brexit' and then get on with Sunday! :lol:

Not woodworking but I believe bosch lawnmowers are made in the UK, although that could mean assembly of Chinssd parts.

I dont know if any bosch woodworking tools are UK made

I know the EU discussion is spilling over in to other threads, but given the fact that imported machinery and timber can be so important to woodworking I do think it is pertinent to talk about the implications. Perhaps we need a specific place on the forum, or just a stickied post, to talk about it.

Do Footprint and Marples actually make tools in the UK ?.

You know, melt the steel, pour the tools, clean and sharpen or do they import from abroad.

Al

Wuffles":2ir0v8zl said:
Paddy Roxburgh":2ir0v8zl said:
Woodrat router cutters claim to be UK made.As are the jigs http://www.woodrat.com/woodrat.htm
I went to the factory/offices a few years back, was surprised to find it was quite close to me.

Was that at his home in Wells? I went there many years ago to pick up a jig and do a days training, bit of a drive from London but stayed with friends in Bristol. I don't use it that often now but it was the first tool that got me into doing "proper" joinery.

Paddy Roxburgh":2ac73das said:
Wuffles":2ac73das said:
Paddy Roxburgh":2ac73das said:
Woodrat router cutters claim to be UK made.As are the jigs http://www.woodrat.com/woodrat.htm
I went to the factory/offices a few years back, was surprised to find it was quite close to me.

Was that at his home in Wells? I went there many years ago to pick up a jig and do a days training, bit of a drive from London but stayed with friends in Bristol. I don't use it that often now but it was the first tool that got me into doing "proper" joinery.
It was an industrial unit, (from the website) WoodRat, Fir Tree Barns, Godney, Wells, Somerset, BA5 1RZ.

Not as many as it appears. Hamlet are owned by Henry Taylor. Atkinson Walker, Crown and Footprint handsaws all look to be made by Thomas Flinn.

How about a sticky, like the ones on timber merchants, trade shows etc.?

I'm happy to start a spreadsheet if it helps, could even use Google docs, but output as HTML is probably better for the forum. Could do a database but that's getting a bit fancy, and I've probably forgotten too much anyway!

E.

Back