Shop Vac - Starmix, Mafell, metabo etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks maiben, thats a useful wattage, most sanders are only in the 1amp range, so the 6amps available is very useful, I assume the unit switches on automatically with the tool and runs on for a few seconds after switching the tool off, will have to look it up on the web to see.

Mike

ae712aea3985117b64886183312060a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJhn":1vh63ebw said:
Thanks maiben, thats a useful wattage, most sanders are only in the 1amp range, so the 6amps available is very useful, I assume the unit switches on automatically with the tool and runs on for a few seconds after switching the tool off, will have to look it up on the web to see.

Mike

Yes starmix vac runs for 7 seconds after tool depowers to clear the hose

Wuffles":h9rchfvj said:

Thanks wuffles, looks like it would be a simple enough swap shame there is no cover on the UK version but at least this could be a solution :D

Wuffles":2tvf3r1a said:
MikeJhn":2tvf3r1a said:

Other way round Mike. He's coming out of a power pickup socket on the vac and wanting to use a UK plug in that.

The problem is it is incorrectly described on that website. It is not a euro to UK adapter. It is a UK to euro adapter. When you describe adapters you always start with the Male end. So when someone says they need a 13a > 16a adapter, they mean they want a 13a plug to 16a socket.

Quick update,

Bought the berker w4 3pin socket for the starmax, works perfectly and the cover will be arriving next week

a7addcb75b29b9b13b7b94da58ddf8f9.jpg

Wuffles":c9kje6bx said:
Great, how's the vac?

Its well built and sturdy that's for sure, weighs a ton but I keep it in the workshop so not much moving about, very powerful suction and the adaptor fits all the tools I have used with it so far

I reckon this will be in use for many years to come, just got to sort out a cheap supply of bags now :lol:

I use dustbag.co.uk and the secret seems to be finding the nearest compatible size :)

I thought the starmix was good to go bagless?

Thanks for the tip,

Yea can be used bagless, just prefer using HEPA bag for catching as much dust as possible

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Had a look at dustbag.co.uk for bags to fit my Numatic, none of them said they are Hepa filter standard, unlike the genuine Numatic bags, so if you are looking for that filter standard be wary on what you buy.

Mike

Yes, just to clarify. If you are looking for a particular rating of something, make sure the thing you are buying is rated at the rating you are trying to buy. Important point. Thank you.

MattRoberts":tzch8jnt said:
maiben":tzch8jnt said:
I reckon this will be in use for many years to come, just got to sort out a cheap supply of bags now :lol:

Why not look at a cyclone or thien separator? :)
Will be looking in to this when I have more space

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Just to clear up any confusion - Numatic hepa-flo bags have 78.4% arrestance at 0.3 micrometres this falls short of the standards required for HEPA - H13 or H14. It isn't evenE10 or E11 standard it's just canny marketing which many people have misread
Numatic have finer dust bags called Micro-flo which use a machine with a ridged lining so the whole surface area of the bag is used which reduces surface load rates on the filter media to reduce dust penetration
Maiben, I would use the original spec bags either fleece for wood dust or the open plastic sacks for masonry dust where the filter shaker maintains suction. A simple intercepter tank will preseperate coarse chips which can be disposed of safely and save filling up bags .This interceptor can be made from a metal or plastic drum with a removable lid - you just need two hose fittings in the lid ; one in the centre going to the vac and one near the edge at 45 degrees angle which goes to the dust producing tool
Matt

Back