Royal Mail.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/quote]
No I don't believe the Post Office needed to give Mignal a tracking label as he said he did it all online.
His local Post Office then became just a drop off point for the parcel.
When doing this it's also an idea to ask the Post Office for a Proof of Sending receipt which they should easily provide.[/quote]

That's how I think it should be and what other couriers do. Maybe it's not how RM do things.
If you have to go to the PO for them to attach another label on it and then give you a tracking number. . . . . . what's the point of doing anything online? May as well take it to the PO with just an ordinary address label on it.
But it gets worse. I have pretty much all the details in my RM account, the address is there, the 2D bar code, reference numbers, the date, how much I paid, everything except a tracking number. Why on earth can't they auto send a tracking number, by email or to my RM account? every other single courier seems to be able to do it without much problem.

all the royal mail signatures systems require an old fashioned sticker to be attached , this may seem daft but thats the way they work.

have you tried scaning the QR code? the box that isn't a barcode.. if you have a smart phone down load a qr scanner app maybe it has the tracking link built in would be my guess

regards Richard

The only way you will get a tracking number is if the PO placed a sticker on and entered it into the system .If anyone one is in doubt just ask at any PO.

Back