Lidl power tools this week.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were clean out of the guide rails by me. Very annoyed with myself for not stopping by this morning, I pass the store on my way to work. :x :x :x :evil:

I managed to pick up the circular saw, jigsaw and two guide rails. Judging by the few left in such a large basket in store the guide rails were very popular indeed!

Picked up 2 guide rails this evening, handles etc feel a bit more flimsy than my old american tru-grip but great for the price.

transatlantic":29e9nybj said:
They were clean out of the guide rails by me. Very annoyed with myself for not stopping by this morning, I pass the store on my way to work. :x :x :x :evil:

No other branches you could try?

Selsdon_PJS":2e7hrxti said:
I managed to pick up the circular saw, jigsaw and two guide rails. Judging by the few left in such a large basket in store the guide rails were very popular indeed!

I had a jigsaw from Lidl before but from some reason I couldn't make a straight cut even when I was using rail. I returned it and got my money back and got Ryobi which is perfect. It's not cordless but cuts much much better.

Graham Orm":2dro3i1y said:
transatlantic":2dro3i1y said:

No other branches you could try?

I wouldn't have gotten to the next one in time, got to the first far too late, about 7:30pm.

Just checked my local store and no guide clamps in, did have plenty of drills, circular saws and jig saws

If anyone can grab one and message me it would be appreciate

Didn't want to start a new thread.... Was in today for the steak.... welding gear including an arc welder (with mask) £40 I think. I nearly caved till I came to my senses. Lots of magnets to hold metal in place while you weld it I'm assuming. Inverter/generators. A wack load of the dremel type multi tools (£20) and a fiver for 3 varieties of locking adjustable pliers. May have caved at the last two. :oops:

New DIY stuff for 30th May.

Definately going to take a look at that jigsaw. I way prefer that type of handle

transatlantic":1o36jz95 said:
New DIY stuff for 30th May.

Definately going to take a look at that jigsaw. I way prefer that type of handle

I am planning on getting a Jigsaw too, my old one is getting on a bit and the blades it uses are not easy to find now anyway. I have accumulated a fair few of the t-shank newer style blades, but don't have a saw they fit so I will give the lidl saw a punt. First time with a barrel grip style but i think it will be better than the D type.

May take a punt on the Japanese Saw..... and perhaps a sideways glance at the open ended spanners

Link

I have a set of their japanese saws from last time. Two blades for £9.99 I think it was rather than one double sided blade. They're good, if that's anything to go by.

I also got the Japanese saw last time and find it excellent. Extremely sharp.

BearTricks":3aw15vny said:
I have a set of their japanese saws from last time. Two blades for £9.99 I think it was rather than one double sided blade. They're good, if that's anything to go by.

I got that too wasn't expecting much but it's very useful being different to all my western saws
The one this time is a different design but I will give it a try at the price it's hard to go wrong.
Lidl buyers seem to actually understand their product markets and give very good value for money

Anyone bought and tried the current one? I stopped by (for steak) and they had nothing out. Bah! Didn't even have the westons cider selection boxes. Might pop in next week. For 6 quid a blade it'd be worth a gamble. Plus I'm always running out of steak.

Bought one today. Tried it on a piece of 2x2. It's not *bad*, but the Daikichi one I bought off ebay (for £16) was faster and cut cleaner even though the blade was half the size and it's not terribly new anymore. I've relegated the lidl one to pruning saw duties.

I think the saw isn't out until monday. I'll be going in for a jigsaw, might get the saw too, depends how it looks, not that I need another though.

Latest posts

Back