Dewalt DW745 sled

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameronhill97

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i own a DW745 table saw, i want to make a decent sled for it but all the previous ones ive made just seem to scratch away the paint of the saw table as it is not cast iron. Any ideas anyone? and has anyone made a sled for this saw ?

thanks

Yeh true about the paint just wanted to make sure no more came in, looking for a decent cabinet saw but that's another story haha

Good find Hemsby, I will send for some of that tape today

My T/S is Dewalt 745 too; already made a saw sled

Going to tackle This as I don't have space for a benchtop planer [What the Americans call a jointer]

Ordered a Makita 2012NB thicknesser; should arrive Tuesday

Cordy":265ys4tb said:
Good find Hemsby, I will send for some of that tape today

My T/S is Dewalt 745 too; already made a saw sled

Going to tackle This as I don't have space for a benchtop planer [What the Americans call a jointer]

Ordered a Makita 2012NB thicknesser; should arrive Tuesday

Let me know how you get on with that planer because I'm in the market for one myself

Will do Cameron

Tried the above Jay Bates hold down jig with a primitive version - not as many bolt holes etc; it works fine

Just have to make sure the board is quite flat and there is no play in the channel :oops: :oops:

The boards I cut came out fine with really close joints :)

Well the Makita arrived yesterday - Alan Wadkins Toolstore £415

Absolutely no setting up to do; works straight from the box

Not fitted the supplied sawdust extractor yet; came with the machine which I understood to be an extra :lol:

Quick try-out on some 2 by 2 pine gave a super smooth finish, same with scrap 6 by 1 pine -- all quite flat of course

Don't have a planer so will be buying some .75 inch MDF; plan to use it double thickness for something like THIS

The machine looks well built; the built-in carry handles are most impressive

Not as loud as I was expecting -- doesn't start with a bang like the DW 745 does and my guess is that it has less volume than DW

Back