Headless pinner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here got the makita headless pinner ? I need a headless pinner and ideally want one I can easily pick up locally. D&m tools do the makita and Bostitch guns. I've got two Bostitch guns that are great but I've heard their 23ga pinner isn't as good and jams a lot.

The makita is cheaper

Axminster one is too cheap and is 24ga so only they sell the pins.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

chippy1970":3ma1ndco said:
Has anyone here got the makita headless pinner ? I need a headless pinner and ideally want one I can easily pick up locally. D&m tools do the makita and Bostitch guns. I've got two Bostitch guns that are great but I've heard their 23ga pinner isn't as good and jams a lot.

The makita is cheaper

I've never once jammed my Bostitch pinner mate. I love it.

Where'd you hear that anyway?

Wuffles":skxj8gnz said:
chippy1970":skxj8gnz said:

The makita is cheaper

I've never once jammed my Bostitch pinner mate. I love it.

Where'd you hear that anyway?
Just reading all the comments online on various sites. Also I spoke to a flooring supply guy yesterday and they stopped selling them as they were getting lots of complaints.

It does surprise me as my other Bostitch guns are great.

You know what actually when I googled again it does have quite a few good reviews too.

At least I can pick one up at d & M tools. Ideally I'd get a Grex but only Rutland's sell them and they're out of stock

Does the Grex have a twin trigger arrangement allowing you to fire from a distance?

Used to be a 7 year warranty on the Bostitch too, not sure if they still are. Let me know if D&M do the pins too mate.

Wuffles":2w8caf00 said:
Does the Grex have a twin trigger arrangement allowing you to fire from a distance?
Yeah I think so, also goes up to 50mm nails but I think the 30mm max of most guns is enough.

Wuffles":1z6upxbe said:
Used to be a 7 year warranty on the Bostitch too, not sure if they still are. Let me know if D&M do the pins too mate.
Yeah they do pins makita and Bostitch ones

Screwfix used to sell them not sure they do anymore

I bought a Bostitch headless Pinner 5 odd years ago from Screwfix as I needed one quick, it doesn't get a great deal of use but hasn't missed a beat when needed & has never jammed, in fact I go so far as to say it's given me the least trouble of any of the air nailers I have regardless of brand.

I have about 7 of their nail guns and they are all excellent. This includes their headless pinner which was the first on e I bought about 8 years ago. I have also got their biggest (model no escapes me) and it fires 3 1/2 nails and kicks like a mule. Brilliant for fencing and other big jobs. Hate their gas guns and wouldnt buy one from any manufacturer.

Mike

chippy1970":3l69g26h said:

The makita is cheaper

I have the 18 gauge Makita. It is excellent.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Picked up the bostitch in the end. It felt better quality than the Makita ,worth the extra £40.

If you are looking for spares for any Bostitch nail gun, quite often it is cheaper to get them from the States. This includes some of the older models where the might be limited choice in the UK

chippy1970":3pw1clvg said:
Picked up the bostitch in the end. It felt better quality than the Makita ,worth the extra £40.

What was the warranty on the newer models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wuffles":2x1lpp3m said:
chippy1970":2x1lpp3m said:

Think it's 7 years with bostitch stuff

How's the Bostich 23g performing? I nearly bought it but plumbed for the grex after reading the bad reviews.

MBcarpentry":3ib6d194 said:
How's the Bostich 23g performing? I nearly bought it but plumbed for the grex after reading the bad reviews.
Used it today fitting a stack of quickstep scotia to mdf skirting. It fired 25mm omer brand pins perfectly. You wouldn't even know it was pinned unless you look really closely.

Had a bit of a panic when my little senco compressor stopped this morning but after the motor cooled down I managed to reset it and it was finer the rest of the day.

chippy1970":37lhwgu1 said:
Wuffles":37lhwgu1 said:
chippy1970":37lhwgu1 said:

Think it's 7 years with bostitch stuff

It was yes, but that was being phased out I thought, but I must have made that up as I can't find any evidence of that though, so yeah, 7 years eh :)

Back