My lathe has gone catawampus

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh yes. I do actually do that 99% of the time. I am using the lathe three of four times a week usually for about 2 to 3 hours and it gets turned on when I start and turned off and unplugged when I leave. Leaving anything plugged in overnight in an unoccupied shed makes me feel uneasy though I am not sure why. :)

You have got to love Axminster. They think it sounds like a problem with the inverter so they are sending out an engineer next Monday to check and replace if needed.

RobinBHM":24sh8nfg said:
'Catawampus' -thats a new word to me, I had to look it up, I see it means awry, askey, diagonal!

Unfortunately I dont have any answers regarding your lathe, I expect Axminster will though.
Same here, I had visions of the family cat spinning with the work :shock:

JimB":s60fdb09 said:
RobinBHM":s60fdb09 said:
'Catawampus' -thats a new word to me, I had to look it up, I see it means awry, askey, diagonal!

Unfortunately I dont have any answers regarding your lathe, I expect Axminster will though.
Same here, I had visions of the family cat spinning with the work :shock:

Good lord. Do you not watch 'The big bang' ?

The engineer from Axminster came this morning and put in a new Inverter. Working fine now.

Pure curiosity here, is he a full time axminster engineer? or a local working as an agent?

Grahamshed":1bex2wss said:
The engineer from Axminster came this morning and put in a new Inverter. Working fine now.

How come the rewiring to a remote didn't affect the warranty at all?

I too have altered the loom as you have, but assumed I had forfeited the warranty at least on the electrical side.

Phil

Good lord. Do you not watch 'The big bang' ?
Perhaps it's just as well I haven't. The way things are going I'd only get the blame. :wink:

The engineer was full time for Axminster. I am guessing there is more than one as I am covered by the 'South East' area. He came from somewhere near Horsham in Surrey.

Shhh Phil

Back