POST 2015 SECRET SANTA GIFTS HERE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simon was obviously working double shifts this year, organising this great event and doubling up on the presents.
Thank you so much for the Axminster multi tool, the oak magnetic tray, and the beautiful Maple(?) handled tool bit handle. I will post photos when I return home.
Mike

Jelly":2gr6satn said:
I don't know who my SS was, but a huge thank you!

Some thoughtful soul has been reading about my exploits chopping up oak trees and sent a froe and drawknife, I'm not 100% but I think the froe is a home made tool as well as being excellent one.

Many thanks, I'll post a photo later today!

You're very welcome. The froe was 50% handmade, the handle I made for it and I had the blade knocking around for a year without using it or re-handling it and felt you would find better use of it with your rivening.

:ho2

Doris":3uxunqm0 said:
Jelly":3uxunqm0 said:
I don't know who my SS was, but a huge thank you!

Some thoughtful soul has been reading about my exploits chopping up oak trees and sent a froe and drawknife, I'm not 100% but I think the froe is a home made tool as well as being excellent one.

Many thanks, I'll post a photo later today!

You're very welcome. The froe was 50% handmade, the handle I made for it and I had the blade knocking around for a year without using it or re-handling it and felt you would find better use of it with your rivening.

:ho2

Thanks again, I have actually been putting off splitting the second piece of oak as the first was such a messy, physically involved effort, no excuses now...

I also find myself in need of a betel now to drive the froe with... So really I've been given the impetus to improve my turning skills too, what an excellent gift: a reason to try something different!

Many thanks to my ss for the gifts which will save me swapping tools between workshop and garage
20151227_114710.jpg

regards david

Attachments

• 20151227_114710.jpg
    20151227_114710.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 848
Try again. See if my internet wipes out half way through again. Second attempt at posting pictures.
A beautiful little spill plane made by a certain gentleman planemaker with an MK postmark. I suspect I know.
The first one is against a No.4 for scale.

A little practice at setting it will be needed before I get it right - I couldn't photograph the spills that came with it - the boss has already used them :D
I apologise for the quality of the pictures - I've never used a digital camera, let alone posted pictures.
Many thanks, it will actually be used - as was the intention. =D> =D> =D>

that must be a rare beast- i can't believe that there were many hand built spill planes created in 2015, and that one is a beauty.

good skills on the camera as well, Phil. no stopping you now.

Recieved an old well used record plane thats been adapted to a pattern makers plane... i had to google a little about them... will try my best to make use of it.

i2ujow.jpg

jjqtdd.jpg

1zf26mr.jpg

x1kowh.jpg

Well it seems I have been a good boy this year, this morning Father Christmas (AKA postie) delivered a package for me...... "what have you bought now"? questioned the wife... "Nothing" I protested. When I opened the package I found several packages wrapped in Christmas paper, my youngest daughter raced over to 'help' unwrap them, she was a bit bemused to find the first present was a piece of wood, beech (I think..... I do struggle with wood recognition). My wife cracked up when she saw I'd been sent some wood from a fellow woodie (she'll never understand).

I was completely blown away with my present and am looking forward to making my first tool. My thoughtful secret santa gave me a Veritas block plane kit complete with a couple of Beech blanks, thank you so much (I'm guessing it came from 8squared?) This is honestly the best present I have ever received

Attachments

• rsz_12016-01-02_113604-2.jpg
    rsz_12016-01-02_113604-2.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 551
8squared":u83y8a4i said:
Recieved an old well used record plane thats been adapted to a pattern makers plane... i had to google a little about them... will try my best to make use of it.

Hi 8squared,

I was too busy explaining how (and apologising because) the machining had gone awry (and how silly I was making the sole blank first) in the letter that I sent with it to explain why I'd made that particular sole as the one which came with the plane...

The supplied Sole & Iron is modeled off a woodie I use for making the coves in crown mouldings, as that's one of few the uses a modern woodworker making furniture etc. has for what is essentially a giant hollow plane.

damo8604":1k7fx6l6 said:
I was completely blown away with my present and am looking forward to making my first tool. My thoughtful secret santa gave me a Veritas block plane kit complete with a couple of Beech blanks, thank you so much (I'm guessing it came from 8squared?) This is honestly the best present I have ever received

Yes it was me, again apologies for the wait... yes they are beech blocks... i sent beech in keeping with old traditional wooden planes.

But how of all the people on here did you guess it was me?

Awesome - glad you got something in the end and it was just delayed. What a nice present. I hope you share the finished result with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8squared":4w74sm05 said:
But how of all the people on here did you guess it was me?
The Liverpool postcode gave it away :lol:

I'll definitely post pictures of the finished product and don't worry about the wait, it was worth waiting for!

Sorry for my reply being so late. This is the wonderful gift I received for my secret santa. Thank you very much! I really appreciate it. It lives in my tool box and comes to college with me on a daily basis. Very grateful. Thanks.

TT

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 438
Back