New saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveW

Reaction score
20151129_141150.jpg
How do,
After struggling with the Screwfix Titan i decided to buy the Proxxon DS 460 from Conrad Electronics,it was delivered by ups Friday evening a day late but ups kept me informed so no probs with that.

Was well packaged two cardboard boxes, shrink wrapped, bubble wrapped and encased in polystyrene box....so on to the bench.
Fitted dust blower, fitted the plug that converts the two pin plug to three pin.
Blade was already fitted looks like #3 bonus is this machine takes both types, so checked the tension, squared up the table .....hmmmm piece missing....... no dust collector, this piece is about a foot long runs from front to back so pretty vital, manage to rig up vacuum for now, sent email to Conrad awaiting reply.

Power up sounds a bit noisy & vibrates a fair bit decide to bolt it to bench.......no vibes but induction motor sounds just as loud as a brush motor to me was expecting it to to be quieter.

Decide to have a go at 3 rabbits in what i think is half inch oak not to good with types of wood.
This saw is much better for the tight turns couple of errors but that is just inexperience up to now quite pleased with it

The mancave was done on the titan 3 rabbits on the proxxon edit sorry pics were a struggle to upload

Attachments

• 20151129_141150.jpg
    20151129_141150.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 932
  • 20151129_140853.jpg
    20151129_140853.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 925
Cheers Brian

Here's the e-mail i sent & the reply that came today

Purchased Proxxon Micromot DS 460 2-Speed Scroll Saw, however on unpacking the scroll saw, Order number: 1960854611 and setting up, the dust collector and its fixings were not included, in the exploded view of the manual its parts #64 & #94 #95 everything else appears to be correct hope you can help, thank you.............

Dear Mr. Waterhouse,

thank you very much for your purchase.
We are sorry that you have received an incomplete device
Since it will unfortunately be quite difficult for us to send the spare parts separately though, we need to perform an exchange for a new set for you.
Please return the item together with a copy of your original invoice and our returns form (see link below) for examination:

Conrad Electronic UK Ltd.
UK Return Dept.
FREEPOST ANG 7847
PO Box 351
Bedford
MK40 2BR

Our non-Freepost address is:
Conrad Electronic UK
Returns Depot
73 Murdock Road
Bedford
Bedfordshire
MK41 7PL
Please note that the use of the FreePost address is at your own risk in case of missing parcel. If you choose to use a courier instead in many cases we will refund the costs if you send us an e-mail with a copy of the postage receipt.
Please use the most cost effective shipping method and give us a bank account or PayPal account to which we should send the refund.

Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Hmmmm used the machine,thrown away the tonne of packaging,now got a spare hoover set up so don't think i'll bother be just my luck something will happen in the post and i'll end up with now't

one way to deal with the noise , I have a radio with ear phones that stick into your ears and then put ear defenders on.
Low levels of noise and I can hear the radio!!
Regards
Brendan

creative zen mozaic mp3 player i have had one of these for a couple of years now use it for work put all my music on computer, add to this, can use in car or with stand alone speakers .....can't say i've seen one that plugs direct to mem stick tho

Claymore":2plqkl0m said:
I have been looking for a personal Ipod/MP3 player that you can plug a memory stick into to play MP3 music..... I have loads of memory sticks full of different music and normally I plug them straight into a CD player or the car but would love one that fits in my pocket so i can listen with headphones on any suggestions where i can get one ?

How about a cheap smartphone that supports USB On-The-Go? I just tried it with mine and a 32gb memory stick works OK. If you have a smartphone, you might already have the capability.

On a serious note... depending on your phone requirements, which I suspect are pretty low, just get yourself any cheap Android phone (with enough memory to store your music) and you'll likely not go wrong. Probably cost you about £50 SIM free and not on contract.

It's difficult to recommend a particular phone as there's so many, but I can tell you what I have and why. I got a Motorola Moto G (1st gen) for a number of reasons. It's android and with not too much rubbish installed - they all have some. I got it 2nd hand off ebay so it was cheap, but I have since seen even cheaper new ones. Nice screen, and with the four main apps I decided on, plays mp3 and flac - reads epub, kindle, mobi and probably other ebook formats - plays audiobooks - and shows most picture formats. It'll play video, though I never saw the point of trying to watch anything on a 4.5" screen. It can actually be used as a phone too, but you can tell how much I use mine as one as I put 20 quid of credit on it in January and I still have 16 left. Oh, and to keep it on topic, you'll be able to show people photos of every single thing you ever scrolled, along with the thousands of holiday photos that you'll take with the rubbish camera. :)

Back