POST 2015 SECRET SANTA GIFTS HERE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
So, the excitement builds - The thread is ready, no peaking until the big day anyone!

Simon

:ho2

Really looking forward to see what we've all done.

I was lucky to be able also to do an exchange with a late entrant - THANK YOU VERY MUCH, some beautiful quality work on very useful tools.

Simon.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 2,368
I was very lucky to receive a fantastic pair of english style marking gauges from the talented Pete Maddox. I'd just like to thank him very much and commend his very evident talent and skill, will put a pic' up later.

I unwrapped mine this morning, it was a struggle to get into it, it was very well wrapped
I got a Spokeshave and some Silver steel wood and a ferule to make a burnisher.

Thank you Secret Santa.

Pete

I received a pen in maple (?), a driver in ash and a small bowl in yew, all beautifully turned and finished. All wrapped in special UKW paper.

It seems that my designated SS withdrew at a late stage so a Super Substitute Santa nobly stepped forward. Thank you so much, Simon - I am very pleased with my gifts. Thanks for organising the event too - a lot of work and not without difficulties.

Richard

Attachments

• IMG_3481C.jpg
    IMG_3481C.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 2,291
  • IMG_3476C.jpg
    IMG_3476C.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 2,291
  • IMG_3475C.jpg
    IMG_3475C.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 2,291
Was a struggle to nope open my before the big day but glad I did,
I recieved a brand new bullnose plane by rider.
I'll hve to upload a photo another time as my internet has be cut off I and I only have my phone..
Big thank you SS this is going in my college tool box :)

All the best
TT

I don't know who my SS was, but a huge thank you!

Some thoughtful soul has been reading about my exploits chopping up oak trees and sent a froe and drawknife, I'm not 100% but I think the froe is a home made tool as well as being excellent one.

Many thanks, I'll post a photo later today!

well, i have received 2 parts to my secret santa gift from Morfa.

Firstly a small quengsheng brass mallet, which is perfect to tap a plane place with, and a multitude of other tasks in the workshop.
secondly a book by Robert Wearing called "Making Woodwork Aids and Devices". I look forward to trying some of these out- there are some very simple but immensely useful ideas in there, particularly clamps.

Many thanks Morfa.

Mark

secret santa.jpg

Attachments

• secret santa.jpg
    secret santa.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2,221
It is always exciting to have a present under the tree that needs a screwdriver to unwrap !
ss2015-1.jpg

This is what I found inside:
ss2015-2.jpg

Now, I have some bits already, but I have augers and a few shell bits. I don't have any of this type; they are mostly Mathieson and seem in good working order. Actually, they not only seem in good working order, they are ! I sneaked out to bore some holes in some oak offcuts whilst the turkey was resting. They seem well suited to making clean holes in thinner stock.

Santa remains quite secret, not even a postmark to decode. Thank you whoever you are !

Attachments

• ss2015-1.jpg
    ss2015-1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 82
  • ss2015-2.jpg
    ss2015-2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 82
damo8604":16a5qcqu said:
Unfortunately I must have been a bad boy this year as nothing turned up :-(

That's a real shame, hopefully it's just stuck in the postal system and will arrive soon.

I did enjoy SS last year and would have done it again but I finished with my previous company in Oct so I'm watching the pennies until I get a new role

Damo if nothing turns up let me know and I'll send you a little something. I think you're quite local to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiscoStu":3maxut75 said:
damo8604":3maxut75 said:
Unfortunately I must have been a bad boy this year as nothing turned up :-(

That's a real shame, hopefully it's just stuck in the postal system and will arrive soon.

I did enjoy SS last year and would have done it again but I finished with my previous company in Oct so I'm watching the pennies until I get a new role

Damo if nothing turns up let me know and I'll send you a little something. I think you're quite local to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Stu, very kind of you, I'm sure it's caught in the post. I'm worried my gift hasn't arrived yet as I haven't seen my recipient post his gift yet..... Although I did post it in plenty of time (it's one of those times I wish I had tracked my parcel)

Many thanks to Tony / Escudo for the lovely screwdriver. It'll have to go in the 'nice' toolbox. It's too good to go in the DIY box.

2015-12-25 17.43.18-smaller.jpg

marcos - Glad you like the hammer and the book. I got the same one last year for Secret Santa and it was such a good book, I had to buy one and pass it on.

Attachments

• 2015-12-25 17.43.18-smaller.jpg
    2015-12-25 17.43.18-smaller.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 2,137
I received this stunning scratch awl from marcros. Dude, you rock. This will be very useful indeed and I didn't have one :D

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG-20151224-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20151224-WA0006.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 2,100
I was a little concerned when I received my parcel a few weeks back at how slim it was.

I was given this book and take the hint that I really should do some more relief carving in the future. Having a book soley on the subject I don't currently have and with the added bonus of being signed by the author was a lovely addition.

Many thanks to my secret Santa.

b2544de0de695eefaf006f2ca0a1ed90.jpg

52f327fa76d295967669f1d0f3f828b0.jpg

Merry Christmas forum friends.

Sorry for the little delay in posting details of my Secret Santa gift. A fantastic Fan Bird made by Sean.

Thanks Sean I really like it. I am going to have a go at decorating the bird this week and will find a place to hang it in my workshop.

I will post a picture when my bird is flying! In the meantime I found this clip of Sean making a fan bird, very impressive skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDYS_PLV4NI

With my gift I received a very interesting leaflet about Fan Birds and their origins, fascinating read.

I am glad you liked my little screwdriver Morfa. I hope this is a useful addition to your tool box.

I really enjoy this event and thanks go to Simon for taking over from Waka and carrying on his good work.

All the best, Tony.

Thank you Secret Santa, what a surprise. Even more so that it turned up hours before Christmas day, I had given up all hope that my SS would send me anything. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would get such a lovely tool, a PAX 1776 20tpi ripsaw. Now this is one heavy beast with a massive solid brass back and a handle that fits my hand just right. I have a Vertitas rip you know the one with the moulded plastic back and top of handle, I have always enjoyed that saw, but the PAX is a totally different beast and I will enjoy trying it out as soon as I get back into the workshop after Christmas. This saw will hopefully mean that I will have to make myself a proper saw cabinet or box for some of the lovely old and new saws I use.

My SS is a bit of a tease, this is what was under the christmas wrapping
box.jpg

But I was over the moon when I found these inside
tools.jpg

Handles in Olive Ash for the magnetic screwdriver and chipbreaker tool, Laburnum and Rosewood for the marking knives. I particularly like the chipbreaker, I can throw away the filed down 2p piece that I've used for the last couple of years!

Thank you SS, thank you very much.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 965
  • tools.jpg
    tools.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 965
Merry christmas guys! Sorry its a bit late i am recovering this morning! :ho2 :ho2

Was over the moon when i opened my box to find this amazing hand made edge plane. Complete with burbinga handles.

The fence can be put on either side and has sturdy pins to keep it in place. Lots of lovely examples of joining metal with a very large tennon just visible!

The action is all very smooth and the brass knobs spin perfectley!

Another year of being gob smacked by someones generosity! And another truley unique tool to add to my set!

It would seem my gift was recieved just in the nick of time!!

Im off to smash some clays! Not sure all the bangs will help with this hangover!

Adidat

Back