Plywood stoke on trent

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewdt3

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for recommendations for ply suppliers in the Stoke area. Only really used ply on none aesthetically pleasing appearance jobs. I purchased a sheet of far eastern hardwood faced ply from Stoke timber to make a raised dog bed. It's attractive on the face but the inner plies are all over the place with numerous voids. Is this normal? Should I have bitten the bullet and gone for birch ply or is their an attractive cheaper option?

Thanks

Drew

I see your up mow! For this type of job can I suggest b and q Meir. They do a really good shuttering ply 18mm. It does vary tbh but it's really good quality normally! And they do cuts and it's 27 a sheet. A slightly more expensive but flatter alternative is timberland diy in Longton they do blockboard! 34 a sheet and they also cut. Your nearest timber is north rode in Congleton or maybe the one above lidl in Tunstall is it Northfield these make packing cases but also sell timber. Hymor are great but are a bit timber trade oriented and not diy tbh. These will be your closest source for birch. Potter's in nantwich do birch in many thicknesses. 55_65 a sheet 8by4 18mm. But my recommendation is b and q structural spruce ply. Sometimes it can have a perfect face and be as flat as Russian birch! At 1/3 price!

Hi Drew,

Have you tried a company called Panelco?

They are part of the Meyer group and are based in Stoke,Depending what quantaties you are after the more you buy the cheaper it is.

They stock all thicknesses and grades of ply.

Craig

Back