• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Planer Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesc

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a nice compact planer thicknesser, as far as I can find out it was an accessory by Emco see https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/small-planer-thicknesser-bargain-or-junk-t83035.html

I was going to add a motor and made a welded stand and motor mount but then came by a larger machine so this has to go.

It has a set of 3 re-sharpenable blades - in good condition with no nicks but would benifit from sharpening. The blade guard looks to be original to the machine, the edge guide looks to be user made but is pretty sturdy in steel and aluminum.

The machine is in pretty good shape and everything seems to move as it should. The top plates are in good used condition, the cutter head has very light surface rust. The surface table is a little thicker, I have given a patch a quick once over with a hand led wire brush and it cleans up well with no apparent pitting.

This would make a great standalone machine with the addition of a motor or if you have the Emco system I still have the clamps to join it to the two rails.

I would like £50 which I think is fair, I would like to see this used.

This would make a great winter project. It is collection only from Hedge End just outside Southampton. I work from home so pretty much any time/day can be accommodated.
I can unbolt the stand and it will easily fit in all but the tiniest of cars. I can easily lift this on my own (unlike most of my machines).

Please PM if you are interested

Attachments

• IMG_1726 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1726 (Small).JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 2,316
  • IMG_1725 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1725 (Small).JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 2,315
  • IMG_1724 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1724 (Small).JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 2,316
No Interest? Am I asking too much - please make an offer.

I have just found the motor I was going to use with this, it is single phase and I think around 1.5 HP (I have found it but not retrieved it from the back of the store). I can trow it in for an extra tenner if this helps.

Hi, I would be interest in this item. I would be buying it on behalf of my husband who is interested but he wouldn't know that I had brought it for him. I have no idea how this site works or how I can pm you to discuss this. Sorry for not knowing

Myfordman":10vh1vfg said:
Not totally sure but, I don't think pm can be seen by new members James?
Bob

Thanks Bob,

If Ducky_wifey sees this and does not get the PM please let me know

Back