Pallet idea

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
pallete.jpg

Picked up a pallet at a neighbours house (freebie) I have got a use for it in the garden but.........

I reckon if a board like chipboard was cut and placed on the top and four legs for the corners it would make a worktop.
Just another palette idea?

Attachments

• pallete.jpg
    pallete.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,489
doubt it would be stiff enough without a lot of bracing

It would look like a pallet with chipboard on top. If that's the look you're after, then your taste varies from the mainstream, but go for it.......

No it would not look a delight to behold but two piece of 6x1" at each corner and if you are on site and needed a handy table surface I would go for it on a temp. basis perhaps.

I have seen a building site where a top was laying on a new bath and being used.

I have a medium sized (about 2m by 1m) temporary bench in my framing barn, knocked up in about an hour last year from pallets, with a chipboard racing shelf 6" off the ground and a chipboard top. It will cope with 300 kg green oak beams plonked on it, no problem. Won't win a beauty contest. Net cost £0. (in fact I'm in the money as I avoided taking the stuff to the tip).

Edit
I bought a complete lorry load of sawn oak from France a couple of months ago. A lot of it was delivered on very large pallets that the timber yard had knocked up especially for the job (made off loading much quicker). All made entirely of oak. A lot of it was better than stuff I have seen in timber yards round here lately!

Alexam":2y7aalb0 said:
It could make a short wall in your living room?
Watching a farming program on tv I noticed they were using a number connected for fencing. It’s almost endless the usage.

Chipboard top and bottom, and it would probably be pretty rigid.

Back