Outdoor shelters/gazebos

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark A

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Any suggestions for a simple shelter or gazebo which I can erect on days like today to work under? Nothing too big (10-12ft square is plenty) and not too expensive either.

Oh, and more substantial than El Cheapo Gazebo in the photo.

Cheers,
Mark
6c103875513a168128d3b4824ac25929.jpg

how about the lidl ones? £60, go up really well and have matching sides IIRC as well.

i have 2 and been up for 3 parties and are good. can be put up on your own but can be a PITA but most are, if you can anchor one corner it will be easier.

i think they are due in lidl in the next couple of weeks, and don't forget they have a 3 year warranty so keep the receipt ;)

got to question your maths.
12 square foot is 6 ft x 2 ft. or 3ft x 4 ft.
Is that going to shelter you?

I think it was 10-12 ft square not 10 or 12 square feet. Ie 10ft x 10 ft or 12ft x 12ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12sqft! That's not a gazebo, that's an umbrella!

The Lidl one sounds ok. I'll keep an eye out for one.

IMHO, going cheap is bad (for repetative use), and when I say cheap I mean sub £100.

The coleman event shelter is fantastic, although does have funny low edges, but a night high middle.
Circa £150 + some sides etc, but the likes of GO have offers now and again.

Hi chaps,

I bought the Lidl gazebo last week, and returned it the next day. It quite literally folded itself in half while I was putting it up...

You should have warned me about cheap gazebos with plastic fittings!

Anyway, I'll search online for something less flimsy over the weekend.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Mark

Hi,

After a few cheap (sub £100) ones I now have one of these:

https://www.gazeboshop.co.uk/shop/heavy ... el-gazebo/

It's been up 3 years and the cover only got destroyed during a storm as I hadn't rolled it back. That said the frame was not damaged at all. Spare parts are available which is a plus if anything ever did break.

It's fully rubberised material and doesn't leak at all. We have sat out in the rain under it without issue.

Not cheap but will last far longer.

Jon.

Latest posts

Back