One tool to rule them all ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garbage, it hasn't got that thingy for taking stones out of horses hooves.

The other functions make sense to me, but who thought that it should double as a rebate plane ? I'm always perplexed as to how I usually end up dripping blood when using my Veritas shoulder plane, without any idea of how I did it. Can you imagine marking a job out with that ?

Is it just me or is there a bit missing from the pivot, there is a square with a threaded hole in the middle, in the second picture.
Looks like a countersunk washer is missing.

Pete

Racers":1b6czf9o said:
Is it just me or is there a bit missing from the pivot, there is a square with a threaded hole in the middle, in the second picture.
Looks like a countersunk washer is missing.

It does seem like there should be a threaded button there to hold it all together.

Anyway, what do you expect for 1600 American pesos?

It does look like there's a missing part.
Pic from:
http://www.datamp.org/patents/displayPa ... p?id=10413
10413-4.jpg

Patent:
http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?PageNum=0& ... id=0252065

The price of the OP's link seems to be just something picked at random, and it's not "flawless" either, the blade has a quite a bit of tarnishing ie fine pitting.

I see a flaw in the design: For the plane you would need to keep retracting and then resetting the blade. Otherwise the straight edge turns into a straight edge with a couple of thou high spot.

Chris

Sheffield Tony":1sgd5lsm said:
The other functions make sense to me, but who thought that it should double as a rebate plane ? I'm always perplexed as to how I usually end up dripping blood when using my Veritas shoulder plane, without any idea of how I did it. Can you imagine marking a job out with that ?

The rebate plane part is nonsense - you mark out in blood, just nick your finger and off you go. No more searching for that pesky pencil!

Back