UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tidy job... All you need to do now is paint on the lines for the aircraft to land between. :-D

All the new road signs now have a ''does not contain aluminium'' sticker on them. The travellers had all the old ones, I reckon?

Nice tidy job Brian, well done. NOT easy one-handed, =D>

BTW, I have exactly the same trouble on my Excali 21. It's not really a problem but it IS annoying how tatty it looks.

My "solution" was a roll of self-adhesive transparent book/shelf covering plastic film from the supermarket. But of course this needs cut outs around the blade hole and DE holes, and inevitably that area wears which, after a while, then create small "snags" when trying to move the job for a cut. So far I've replaced the film twice but your idea is MUCH better. :D

Yet ANOTHER "roundtoit" to add to the AES list (sigh)!

BTW, before I bought my Excali I read in a number of reviews going back some years that they all suffer from this paint coming off problem. Makes you wonder why that haven't solved that issue by now, doesn't it? The machines are not exactly "cheapo" are they - not even the Axi versions?

Before reading your idea I was toying with the idea of removing the table and getting it sand-blasted, then stove-bake enamelled. Thanks for your tip, it'll be cheaper, especially as I probably have a bit of suitable ali "hanging around".

AES

Back