new photo host test

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using the full editor, enclose your link in a pair of tags.

Like this

[img]https://i.imgur.com/tQdNh5z.jpg

Bob hover mouse over your uploaded picture in imgur. Top right you'll see drop down box appear. From memory the option you want is 'share links' or similar. Click on that then click 'bbcode' option. It's copied. Right click on your post on ukw and paste.
You can resize the image previous to postin from options on there also. 750 is a good size. Have a play you'll soon get it.

Thanks for the advice. I've had to ask their help desk twice already because I dont understand the terminology.

Photobucket was the simplest I've seen, but I'm not paying their prices (I've now had 4 begging emails telling me how good they are. Shame their marketing dept. isnt as good).

trying again using the BBcode copy

GvAx8at.jpg

That worked Chris, thanks.
Andy, the bbcode copy is marginally simpler than the full editor.
I've loaded a few on, but didnt want to upload 50 or more only to find out I couldnt paste them.

miSW8Tnh.jpg

Hi Bob
Been using imgur for a while now
Use Direct Link then
go to bottom of page and click on Huge Thumbnail :)

Cordy, I struggle to make people understand how little I know of software.

You lost me at "Direct Link".
Every single thing I want to do is not only in obscure machine language, but hidden from plain view. If I dont know what menu to drop, I'm gone, right there.

Guess what? I dont get that screen.
Guess also what? I dont know how to put a screen shot into a post.

Bm101 gave me a method that I am just able to follow, so I'll get on with uploading (thats my most technical word) more pictures.
Thanks all.

Once you've got an image saved in your Images folder, you simply click on it to get that screen. It's always been the same principle, in XP through to Windows 10.

memzey":23e98e44 said:
Does imgur have a decent iphone app?
Not sure Memzy. It has an iphone app yes, https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/imgur-a ... 81495?mt=8 . I use android and over the last 12 months or so imgur has made it mandatory to have the app to upload pics from your mobile (never used to be).
Personally I can't be a*sed with it all. I take a picture on my mobile. I email it to myself then open it on the pc. Download to relevant save file. Open imgur and resize to ukw size then get the bbcode and paste it on here. :-s Life is short.

Chris,
I am actually more efficient than you!

take a pic with the mobile, use old fashioned USB lead to download it to my puter.
Load it to imgur.
link it to this site and it automatically resizes itself.

If you have a smartphone you could sign up for a free account with DropBox.

Download & install it on your computer.

Then install it on your phone and enable camera uploads within DropBox on the phone.

Then, Hey Presto!

Whenever you take a photo it will automagically appear in the Camera Uploads folder in DropBox on your computer.

Well I’ve downloaded imgur and Flickr but can’t seem to get either of them to embed an image using their iPhone apps. Any hints from regular users?

Think I’ve figured it out but it is a bit of a faff. Need to insert img tags in order to embed an image which pb used to do for you before it went all evil.

Latest posts

Back