More on push blocks.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been reading the comments about push blocks and push sticks. I haven't read them all so this may already have been suggested but what do you guys think about the idea of combining the two. I'm thinking of a push block with lip or faced with a grippy material ( old mouse mat) but with a handle as long as a push stick fixed at a suitable angle. This would keep paws at a safer distance away from blades.

Any comments?

K

Isn't that what Jacob said he used on his planer? Perhaps we could have a picture.

I've mentioned the cost of this, about £80.
I cant calculate what your fingers are worth, but mine exceed that value.
Watch this 7 minute video all the way through, theres a lot of safety tips in there as well.
You can decide if a push stick can do what this does
Because this subject is as volatile as politics and religion, I'm not going to get into any drag down knock about arguments after this post, so watch, and make up your own mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZdJEEy ... l=MicroJig

sunnybob":35i3hmg0 said:
I've mentioned the cost of this, about £80.
I cant calculate what your fingers are worth, but mine exceed that value.
Watch this 7 minute video all the way through, theres a lot of safety tips in there as well.
You can decide if a push stick can do what this does
Because this subject is as volatile as politics and religion, I'm not going to get into any drag down knock about arguments after this post, so watch, and make up your own mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZdJEEy ... l=MicroJig
That's OK for use on the planer, though no better than these.
Plenty would argue that passing your hand directly over the sawblade, as that chap does in the first 5 seconds of the video that were all I needed to see, is not a safe practice no matter how expensive a lump of plastic you happen to have in your hand.

Latest posts

Back