Mobile car body repairs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark A

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Anyone had experience of SMART mobile car body repairers? Generally speaking, how good are the results when dealing with little dents and scratches?

Cheers,
Mark

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Not the SMART repairers, but a few years ago (about 12) some kind soul dragged a golf bag down the side of my car in the golf club car park. I used a Chips Away franchise local to me.
He took about 2 hours, charged me £120 for fixing a long 12 inch scratch to the front wing. The results were perfect.
He also offered to give the car a quick once over for an extra tenner - touched up stone chips on the bonnet and polished minor scratches out whilst waiting for the paint to dry. Over all i was very impressed and it was well worth the cost.

Thanks fezman. I contacted Chips Away this morning but they don't have any local franchisees. I'm waiting for estimates from smaller firms to come in.

I have had some work done on a company car a few times, by and large they do a good job.

If you come to clean your car after, and really look at it, you will find overspray or masking marks that need someone with a machine polisher to get out, so don't think it will be back to original. Colour match was perfect btw on all 4 uses.

Good to know a tidy repair is achievable. A local company is coming tomorrow to fix the car. £150 is the best price I received from 9 firms.

Latest posts

Back