Metabo TS250 fence adjustment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krysstel

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Metabo TS250. Have spent a couple of days setting it up and adjusting the blade angle (with tilt-box), scales and riving knife etc.

Generally very pleased and a great imporovement on the Rexon I had before, however, the rip fence seems to be very slightly out of line with the blade and there appears to be no way of adjusting it.
I don't have a guage to check it exactly but when ripping the board tends to want to drift slightly to the left (fence to the right of the blade) into the blade. I've been able to control this with very careful use of a push-stick, but it's not right.
In addition, the rip sub-fence is of such bad quality that it's not 90 degrees cross section :shock: , nor are the mounting holes to the main fence in line with each other. This results in the sub-fence sitting slightly proud of the table at one end (due to the misaligned holes) and not being at 90 degrees vertically to the blade (due to the bad extrusion quality) !

Now it could be that the whole problem lies with the sub-fence and this I can solve by dumping it and making my own accurate sub-fence from MDF, or getting a new one from Metabo. Even so, I'm surprised that the main fence cannot be adjusted.

Has anyone encountered similar problems or know how I can adjust the main rip fence angle ?

Hi,

Dont know details about that model but can't you just shim the rail where the fence runs on? Try to disassemble it and put thin washers where the fasteners go in. You can the shims from aluminium beer cans.

Hi Krystell

I'll have a look at mine tonight and come back to you later.

Cheers

Karl

Surprised at that I have an Elektra Bekum branded TS250 that I bought about 2 years ago and its spot on I was very impressed with the quality of it and have never had to adjust anything on it. I think any adjustment may be done by loosening the fixings that hold the actual saw then moving that rather than the fence, I maybe wrong but I recall seeing that in the manual do you not have a manual ?

I can find nothing in the manual I have, nor in the one I can download from Metabo, which describes how to adjust the angle between the blade and the rip fence.

I didn't object to having to adapt my Ryobi TS to get it working properly but I think if I'd bought a new Metabo and experienced the problems you're having, I'd have returned it.

David

Latest posts

Back