Linear Scales

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
has anyone fitted to xy table?
seems all the chiwanese tables are in thou inch rather than metric
so i was thinking of a "cheap" dro option
just trying to work out what I need and how to fit an x axis readout to one?
would be nice to have the y as well but would need to have a remote readout to see that
it is for woodwork so dont really have the need for expensive kit
I know most would save overkill, but I like to play and would like to be able drill holes at equal distance without grabbing a ruler
and one day I may want to mill something...who knows
Steve

SteveF":3671byzw said:
would like to be able drill holes at equal distance without grabbing a ruler

Dividers? :twisted:

Sorry I can't add much, but it does sound very much like overkill. I do as much metalwork as woodwork, and I've never needed a compound table, much less a DRO.

These may fit the bill. They have a data output port as well as the local display, so can be hooked up to a remote display if needed. How to fit depends on the table you have - I fitted them to a mill table, it only involved drilling/tapping a couple of holes for the brackets.
Same company (Arc Euro) and doubtless others do compound tables in metric.
Rob

chaoticbob":1kapriok said:
These may fit the bill. They have a data output port as well as the local display, so can be hooked up to a remote display if needed. How to fit depends on the table you have - I fitted them to a mill table, it only involved drilling/tapping a couple of holes for the brackets.
Same company (Arc Euro) and doubtless others do compound tables in metric.
Rob

thanks Bob
that link looks good
got any pictures of your mill table?
how did you drill the holes before tapping? did you do handheld or turn on side under drill press?

Steve

Latest posts

Back