Large router table WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tempting offer :)

it would probably take me a couple of months to find all the bits! I've just had the block bored and crank ground and the injection pump repaired, it's mainly reassembly now and a bit of paint. I made a mess of some epoxy primer so will have to give that a blast in the cabinet and start again.

I finished the table this morning, I only needed to add the doors for the fence storage and router cupboard.

P1060435.jpg

P1060434.jpg

I will be adding some drawer organisers but these are small tea break jobs so I consider this router table launched and all who route with her etc.

Cheers
Andy

Attachments

• P1060435.jpg
    P1060435.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 928
  • P1060434.jpg
    P1060434.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 928
Cheers Bob :)

First biggish project I have started and finished in a reasonable time frame for a while and really enjoyed doing it, I'm going to try and do that going forward rather than have 4 half finished projects to sort out, tractor excepted, that will have to wait until after the kitchen.

The next bit of woodwork is finish of the secret drawer on the daughters shelves which means using the Leigh dovetail jig for the first time :)

Cheers
Andy

I think as long as the "secret" drawer is not revealed to her younger sister she will be OK with me telling everybody else :)

Amazing! Reading the whole post has made me very envious! Really starting to wish I had made a bigger workshop to house all the future projects. I am going to build our kitchen units, I too really do not like the horrible (expencive) plastic leg units...such a waste of space behind the kick plate...I'm planning drawers on ours! However, I still need to finish the drawings and submit to the Planners and Building Regs...then build the thing, kitchen units will be late 2018!

Inspiring work!

Thanks for the encouragement :) I haven't got around to finish off the bookcase yet as the sun keeps shining so loads of outside jobs to do plus I ran out of beer so just brewed about 130 bottles of hoppy blonde beer :)

Funny you should say that Bob, I'm just about to put an order in for a sack of pale malt for the next brew. If it will be a stout, bitter or brown ale will depend what I have left in the cupboard and from memory I do have some brown malt :)

Farmer Giles":2jcoy6c0 said:
I finished the table this morning

Looks absolutely superb, that should deliver a quiet shot of pride and satisfaction every time you use it.

=D>

Thanks Custard. I finished it a while ago now but still enjoy using it. A friend came around last weekend with a piece of 40mm thick oak stave worktop that came from where their sink was cut out.

He wanted it making into 4 chopping boards. He asked where he should put it so he could pick it up next week. I settled him down with a brew and by the time he had finished I had cut all four chopping boards and edged them with the router table :)

Latest posts

Back