Jig Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
I've been asked to make jigsaws for a dementia group. Basically stuff like film stills from the 40s, or posters, for elderly people in care (I'm nearly one myself).
What would be best value simple jigsaw which would do a fine cut and perhaps a stack to speed things up.
Maybe a stack would take a laser to do? Or CNC?
Not my field - any suggestions welcome.

Scroll saw, without question.

You could quite easily cut 4 or 5 quarter inch thick pieces at once.

Personally, I'd use a scroll saw and do them freehand one at a time. If you do a stack you have to do them slower anyway, and you've got the problem of keeping the stack together as you cut the pieces, and you need to keep the different jigsaw's pieces together after they're cut. With a fine blade it's a doddle to cut them into strips then cut up the strips, no pattern required.

Chris

Rightho ta. Which scroll saw under say £200?

Claymore":3gskgaze said:
ps Great idea too regarding the jigsaws, keep the pieces quite chunky for those with poor eyesight/grip probs.
Yes, might do something like that for my mother. She'd probably enjoy it even if she didn't remember where it came from!

Chris

Claymore":2ktq3scs said:
I bought a two piece jigsaw for Ruth but had to take it back as it was too difficult for her! :lol:
I just hope for your sake that she's not reading this - your contributions would be sadly missed! :D

Claymore":bwt41i7k said:
I bought a two piece jigsaw for Ruth but had to take it back as it was too difficult for her! :lol:

I thought you'd be impressed that it said 6-8 years on the box but only took her 2 to solve it. :-D

Back