If you watched the US Formula 1 Grand Prix...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
...and wondered who did this

Grand-Prix-of-the-Americas-2016-COTA-Austin-Andrew-Kohn-43

and by 'this' I mean the Stars and Stripes/ red/blue stuff

then it is a guy from our village ! He and his business partner have a bit of a name for themselves for when it comes to this sort of stuff that needs doing by hand. They get the VIP treatment while they are there. Took 35 days. Booked into a swish house...pool ...the biz. All expenses paid PLUS a VIP pass for the actual Grand Prix.

A lot of their other stuff is equally as good if not better.

35 days by hand? you surely don't mean "by hand"? The whole track? they had to have used a ride along of some sort - and how did they manage to keep the lines so even?

Seems trivial to most is seems, but I'm really impressed.

They didn't do the actual track but all the coloured bits. I'm sure that they had dumper trucks for ferrying the stuff but the actual laying was done by hand. I'll ask him for some more details.

He showed me a lot of their other stuff that they've done ...very impressive. He's just come back from one of the Westfields were they laid some sort of intricate surface for a Christmas promotional event. On the GP side he's also done Bahrain.

I'm still chuckling after the cheesy wrestling-style 'driver introductions' at the American race, and the commentators trying not to giggle and/or grimace !

RogerP":33ghouek said:
F1 is a circus so why not make it look like one ? :)

Agree Roger, the final straw for me was the Liberty Media take over. From now on the whole event is going to be about numbers and advertising revenue and getting as many mug punters as possible to pay at the gate and wave like monkeys when the camera swings onto them.

Back