Hegner UK !!!!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A little bird told me Hegners are about to be taken over :shock:

So will we have a " Record Mega 36 " in green and yellow :?

OR

A Axminster AWTL36 in cream :?

Hope it goes through OK ,, IF the little birds info was correct

That could be good news depending on who takes them over. Hegner seemed to have lost their spirit recently. It's odd that it's happened after a period where lots of VB36's seem to be changing hands. I wonder if the VB36 will even be continued?

wizer":wmhs4fxu said:
That could be good news depending on who takes them over. Hegner seemed to have lost their spirit recently. It's odd that it's happened after a period where lots of VB36's seem to be changing hands. I wonder if the VB36 will even be continued?

Maybe that is part of the problem, they are chaging hands, not being bought new from Hegner...

frugal":33z9yo5q said:
wizer":33z9yo5q said:

Maybe that is part of the problem, they are chaging hands, not being bought new from Hegner...
And changing hands for surprising sums when you consider that one of the selling points of a 5K lathe was they they lose virtually no value when you come to move them on (as no one actually moves them on....)?

Miles

miles_hot":gbtx2lge said:
frugal":gbtx2lge said:
wizer":gbtx2lge said:

And changing hands for surprising sums when you consider that one of the selling points of a 5K lathe was they they lose virtually no value when you come to move them on (as no one actually moves them on....)?

Miles

it used to be part of the hegner sales blurb that they had never seen one for sale second hand - hopefully theyve taken that off as it definitely isnt true anymore.

Yes.I was talking to Roger,the owner at Yandles and he said that he had sold the business as he and Bernie,his engineer are retiring and looking forward to getting back at the lathe themselves to do some turning for leisure.The deal had gone through with a company based in Staffordshire :?:
So we will just have to wait and see if there are any alterations to the VB.

Was\is the VB actually made by Hegner? I thought Hegner was just the distributor?

EDIT:

Logo.jpg

VB Manufacturing - Voisey - Buse Design

wizer":19s07399 said:
Was\is the VB actually made by Hegner? I thought Hegner was just the distributor?

EDIT:

Logo.jpg

VB Manufacturing - Voisey - Buse Design

I believe Roger (Buse) was the Hegner UK agent. The VB was Roger's idea. He gave the brief to Nigel Voisey who designed the lathe - hence the name VB (Voisey Buse). I always understood Hegner UK and VB to be two separate concerns both run by Roger.

Has anyone been to Hegners? Do\Did they make their stuff onsite? Or was it imported\farmed out?

I know their scroll saw was well thought of in that community. I've only ever heard of Paul having the lathe. Their disc sander was wildly expensive and I always wondered why. The multistar stuff is always well spoke of, tho I've never owned any of it myself. I'm not a fan of their Sanding arbour, tho others rave about it. I got the impression it was imported tho, not their own. The sandpaper is unlikely to be actually made by them either, is it? They also imported the Organoil stuff. I'm just trying to get a picture of what 'The Company in Staffordshire' has bought? An Import business by the sounds of it, plus the customer base obviously. So the firm in Staffordshire could well be anyone. It doesn't necessarily have to be a known woodworking rival.

From what I understand the only thing they make themselves is the VB36.

Hegner machines are imported from the manufacturer in Germany everything else is brought in as well.

john

The abrasives I believe are the same as those formerly distributed by Australian imports (name?) the samples of which I have are branded Rhino and I believe come from portugal. Very good they are too, cutting very freely with low clogging.

CHJ":1iqbtb8b said:
The abrasives I believe are the same as those formerly distributed by Australian imports (name?) the samples of which I have are branded Rhino and I believe come from portugal. Very good they are too, cutting very freely with low clogging.

It was Simon Hopes company Outback timber I believe it was called, it is the only abrasive I use now.

john

Latest posts

Back