Hegner owners, help please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawdusty

Reaction score
New Hegner, finally arrived yesterday, unpacked it to find there was no power cable, since I had a number of problems with the supplier, this was the last straw, so told them it was to be returned. Today a cable arrived from them, looks like a cheap Chinese import and not something from high end Hegner. So what help can you offer?; Please give me information about your power cable; make and any markings on it?, was there a ticket/card attached that had Hegner on it?, anything that would help. Many thanks in advance.

Did you send the machine back ?

If not - shove the cable in and get cutting :)

Surely a cable is like all other cables :lol:

sawdusty":2qf1u53c said:
New Hegner, finally arrived yesterday, unpacked it to find there was no power cable, since I had a number of problems with the supplier, this was the last straw, so told them it was to be returned. Today a cable arrived from them, looks like a cheap Chinese import and not something from high end Hegner. So what help can you offer?; Please give me information about your power cable; make and any markings on it?, was there a ticket/card attached that had Hegner on it?, anything that would help. Many thanks in advance.
Who's the supplier? Name and shame!

BugBear

Cordy, Thanks for your advise, I am sure it was well intended.
I paid full price for this machine, near £500, it is brand new and as such I expect it to come complete and all parts can be identified, as it is this cable is a cheap chinese import that I will not risk plugging into this machine, I do not purchase or use cheap alternative electrical items and certainly will not be accommodating a bad supplier by using this one so they don't have to deal with a return. Had the HegnerUK/Technology Supplies Ltd. been a bit more respectful in its dealings with me then I may have helped them, but I would still be asking for, at their cost, a replacement sent directly from Hegner manufacturers that supplied the machine, because I do not trust this British supplier.
I am sure if you, personally, bought a cheap second hand saw/anything from eBay, you would expect to get everything that was offered in the description?, if it was incomplete you would request missing parts to be sent to you, obviously, had the same seller given you the run around at each turning then I think your final response would be tetchy to say the least, mine has gone way beyond that now.

bugbear":2rs1loni said:
sawdusty":2rs1loni said:

BugBear
Hi, the supplier is HegnerUK/Technology Supplies Ltd. Since I gave them a second chance, I must take responsibility for some of this. :roll: I can see a long and angry road ahead ...without a scroll saw.

sawdusty":epzsgxqb said:
Hi, the supplier is HegnerUK/Technology Supplies Ltd. Since I gave them a second chance, I must take responsibility for some of this. :roll: I can see a long and angry road ahead ...without a scroll saw.

I'm surprised at that, as I said on another thread, I found them very helpful and efficient. You've been extremely unlucky.

Bob

sawdusty":2wje3tcw said:
bugbear":2wje3tcw said:
sawdusty":2wje3tcw said:

BugBear

Hi
I have just purchased a EX-21 from Axminster, unpacked it , put it om my work bench, started it up, and no vibration what so-ever. Not even bolted it down yet, Well pleased with Axminster first class service and Scroll Saw. I think it would take a lot of beating
Timber

Pretty sure Hegner wouldn't manufacture their own power cables. I'm happy to be corrected though.

Makes me wonder how bad the cable is. hegner motors are very low powered, they wouldnt need any heavy duty cable.
Guaranteed they dont make their own.
But if there were other problems, I would just return it.

Purchased my Hegner saw long before (Technology Supplies) were the UK distributor. But I have to say that I have now had many purchases from them, blades, parts etc and found their service to be first class. =D>

I purchase all of my blades from this supplier, as their price is very competitive when purchasing at the gross (144) rate.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back