Furniglas PU15

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianD

Reaction score
I wish to protect a wooden grave name plaque. I have an unopened tin of Furniglas PU15 bought in 1973. It says all weather highly resistant on tin. But a label below says SATIN for INTERIOR use. Would this protect a plaque open to all weathers year round, or would it be better to buy a yachting varnish ? I will be painting over an existing clear varnish of some kind (which I will lightly sand), and the black ranch painted lettering on the plaque. Thanks !

AdrianD":32ppiyzh said:
I have an unopened tin of Furniglas PU15 bought in 1973.

Blimey, that's old :shock: Furniglas used to be my favourite varnish. They were bought by Evode (makers of EvoStik) some time in the 1970s and then they stopped making the stuff :(

I think I would buy a new tin of something.......

Cheers :wink:

Paul

AdrianD":29e1z6yi said:
I wish to protect a wooden grave name plaque. I have an unopened tin of Furniglas PU15 bought in 1973. It says all weather highly resistant on tin. But a label below says SATIN for INTERIOR use. Would this protect a plaque open to all weathers year round, or would it be better to buy a yachting varnish ? I will be painting over an existing clear varnish of some kind (which I will lightly sand), and the black ranch painted lettering on the plaque. Thanks !
Put the tin on ebay and buy some yacht varnish with the proceeds :lol:
Yellowbelly

Back