Flame wave rim

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
More fun had today but no texturing as it's a nice day in the garden and I'd be too noisy with machinery going...
accf53e9982fe944aa2ad5e27f9159e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bright !
Achieved a good subtle mixture of repeated but randomised edge blend of the colours.

It is apparently near impossible for the human mind to randomise. Apple, (iirc) had a randomiser on a music program that humans couldn't accept, and had to introduce another to re randomise. A random selection of six numbers from fifty could give you 1,2,3,4,5 and six ... or 45,46,47,48,49 and fifty - but the mind wouldn't accept them as being random. In the case of music people couldn't accept that a series of consecutive tracks from an album could be random. Having tried a random spacing of nine downlighters, I know how difficult it is to get "random" to look right. Nice one! :lol:

Thanks guys. Bright is certainly a word for it. Wet fir cut down a couple of months ago so it might move a bit...
I did another one in more muted colours...ash
6301f5c820144b6986bb8483874325b2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree - the grain is too strong on this one. I'm thinking of jointing 6 inch pine joists from reclaimed wood to make platters from - can't do things like this to nice grained wood!

Had another go at it today. Rather lost the brightness of the colours. Still practice makes perfect....
d441e886b9d1a47e40d243f9dbb3938d.jpg

Did another textured peacock colours as well...
e89f1dbe7997236fdccce8ffcfb49d12.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks, Derek - I can't get enough shed time to satisfy my colouring and texturing inner demon! Roll on the lighter evenings - might trick me into thinking the day is longer...

stewart":2pjfqgwt said:
Thanks, Derek - I can't get enough shed time to satisfy my colouring and texturing inner demon! Roll on the lighter evenings - might trick me into thinking the day is longer...

You have had more time than me at the moment been laid up since Friday 3rd seen 3 Doctors and had a visit up to the hospitl I will be glad to get back out to the shed

Sorry to hear that, Derek. Hope you're back in front of your lathe soon.

Good little video Stewart. What size needle are you using with the spirit stain.

I have just brought an airbrush set up along with other things but can't use them because of being laid up they sit here torturing me.

DSCF7143_zpsxdauxltj.jpg

Hi Derek - thanks.
It's 0.35mm.
How frustrating not being able to use yours yet. Hope the recuperation goes well and quickly!

Latest posts

Back