Electra Beckum HC260 P/T - parts interchange with Metabo?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintandsteel

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought one of these second hand. Works fine but missing a few parts.
Will the newer Metabo 260 parts fit this older green model or am I going to have to hunt the webasphere for ever?
I suppose it's unlikely there will be any place for second hand parts unless it's a dog of a scrapper.
In need of fence and said mounting bracket. Rear end of planer table.
Not got their manual yet (never can find the download user manual section on their site).

Hi,

I have the Elektra Beckum HC260K the K just defines it is a Cabinet model & its Blue I have the original Instructions & Parts book. In the past when ordering spares I have quoted the part number from my book, and have never had any problems, sometimes the new part arrives with the same number others have a Metabo number.

The fence consists of a number parts including a swivel & bracket, then there is a bracket & rollers attached to the side of the machine. Unfortunately the fence & brackets, fixings etc are listed as 20 + separate pt numbers.

You could just order the complete assembly :cry: , or if you prefer I could scan the relevant couple of pages for you to see exactly what parts if any you have and need. I am sure there will be no problem with the spares :D .

If you would like copies of the parts list let me know.

Regards,

Keith

Thank you
Eventually contacted a nice lass at Metabo who steered me to the manual. I don't think that has a parts list, just identification images.
Yes please Keith, the parts list would be very useful.
To begin with I hope I can get by with the thicknesser side and a light pass.
As it's raining today I have time to clean it all down and get some blades ordered.
Are there different blade options and if so what would be the recommendation?

Jon

Hi Jon,

Re the blades, there are 2 blade size/fitting options. 260x20x3 which are slotted. 260x18.6x1 disposable both HSS, depends which type you have. Mine are the slotted type, not cheap but can be re sharpened.

I am unable to post the parts list because they are PDF format so can you pm me your email and I will forward them.

Regards,

Keith

My thanks
All received eventually on a slow broadband.

Anyone in North Yorkshire reading this that has a Metabo 260?
Wild hope, but I'm looking to try a newer rear table for fit before going ahead and ordering one.

Jon

Cleaned up a bit and the blades turned round to reveal unused edges.

ATTACH]

It rather looks as if I have a shorter fence than the one shown in Keith's parts diagram.
The other piece of metal cam with it and claimed to be part of it. Can't see it in the diagram. If not related then useful scrap.

planer tilt mitre.jpg

So looking like I also need the cutter block cover and small fittings.
As regards the short fence this needs a different mounting setup to the long fence shown in the drawing.

Attachments

• planer top 3.jpg
    planer top 3.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 3,687
  • planer tilt mitre.jpg
    planer tilt mitre.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 4,276
Not quite sure what you have there :!: Do these photos help :?: Infeed & outfeed tables should be about the same length

It's starting to feel like half a machine. :(
According to Metabo it looks like it's the earliest model and no longer supported.
However looking at yours the mounts look the same.
The end table will be my biggest issue. However there is a steel fabricator's workshop down the road so could get some 1/2" plate and make one to match as I don't see a parts list number for it.
Jon

Is it possible for you take to take the same photograph as my 3rd picture " View with Out Feed Table removed" :idea:

From what I can see from your photo's it all looks very similar even the clamping arrangement for the out feed table.

There seem to be 5 variations of the HC260 which affect the part no's. Is this info on the Machine plate :?: . From the parts list it looks as if it is fitted with reversible blades it would be a HC260 M2.2WNB or Hc260 M2.8 DNB
HC260 M2.2 WNB
HC260 M2.8 DNB
HC260 K2.2 WNB (GB)
HC260 K3.1 WNB
HC260 K4.2 DNB

Regards

Keith

Here we go Keith
Yesterday was difficult with it raining I had to get it undercover in the already crowded workshop. I must put a couple of wheels on the front so it's easier to move, and find a good fine day to create a decent working space for it.

Fitting dimensions for the endplate. 309mm recess edge to edge. Run length of recess 204. Is that compatible with newer endplates? Basically if the design was a good one, why change the jigs?

As per specifications looks to be HC 260 / 2200 WN

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]38378[/ATTACH] [/[img]
[img][ATTACH=full]planer%20e.jpg[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• planer aa.jpg
    planer aa.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 3,640
  • planer b.jpg
    planer b.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 3,641
  • planer c.jpg
    planer c.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 3,649
  • planer e.jpg
    planer e.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 3,649
  • planer dd.jpg
    planer dd.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 3,646
Hi Jon,

On my machine both the infeed & outfeed tables are the same including the part no 139 011 9468 they just use different components to fit the machine (one sliding, one fixed).

From the parts list I sent you will see the different fittings that are used.

From your photo & mine it would seem to me that if available a new table & fittings for my machine would fit yours :idea: The dimensions you give are also the same.

This guy was very helpful with my enquiries

Graham Martin.
Technical / Service Support.
Metabo (UK) Ltd
25, Majestic Road
Nursling Industrial Estate
SOUTHAMPTON.
SO16 0YT
Tel 02380 747 523
email:[email protected]

Sorry will get full they parts list to you

Regards,
Keith

Thank you Keith
I really appreciate your help. Was feeling rather peed off last night thinking I had a half useful / useless machine. I got it because it was close to home and I needed one yesterday.
The future is looking brighter :D
Any idea what an end table might cost?

Jon

flintandsteel":33jg7ety said:
Thank you Keith
I really appreciate your help. Was feeling rather peed off last night thinking I had a half useful / useless machine. I got it because it was close to home and I needed one yesterday.
The future is looking brighter :D
Any idea what an end table might cost?

Jon

No problem.

Would not like to guess on price, you may be pleasantly surprised or horrified :-& . I would contact Metabo with a list of parts required and if they are available, you will be able to make a decision if it is financial viable. Also depends if you bought the machine at a good price :?:

Personally I believe all will fit but it would be an expensive mistake if there is a final fitting problem. As you have probably thought the ideal situation is to be able to try my type of table on you machine either by taking your machine to a table or borrowing a table to try on your machine.

You could try asking on the forum if there is anybody close by that could help. Not sure where you are in Yorkshire relative to Boston, needless to say if it were practical & worth your travelling time you are welcome to bring the body of your machine here to try things out.

Obviously none of this is helpful if you are unable to source the parts.

Regards,

Keith

Hi Jon,

Good/bad news :) :cry: Just found my local shop is a Metabo dealer, if the table your need is in fact like mine it will cost £101.36 for a PAIR, sold as matched pairs only!!

He phoned Metabo and they keep them in stock

Regards

Keith

Could have been worse (staying positive). The infeed is marked and has chips out of the side. Also had lots of resin and wood finish sprayed all over it. Think whoever last had it ran it till it stopped cutting the gave up.
I'll consider it a restoration job. Not unlike restoring old flintlocks which I also do. Fix, fettle, replace and make good. At least when I've done it I'll know full well it will be right and probably outlast me.

...........On my machine both the infeed & outfeed tables are the same including the part no 139 011 9468...........

Hello Keith
Just checking that is the part number for the tables and not another part.
Thus far having reversed and set up the blades it's working really well when it comes to the thicknessing side. However some of my mill timber can have a slight bow to it so it's getting more important to get the planer side sorted out.
As I keep having to move it about (never enough space) I'm also thinking to get a set of wheels like on my table saw so I can trundle it a lot easier than walking it around. Unless anyone has a different solution ..........

Think I just found it, hope so.
100 - JOINTING TABLE 286.6X525 HC 260 C
MET-1380717421.0 £73.68 + VAT £88.42
from Miles Tool & Machinery Centre.

flintandsteel":86a551kz said:
...........On my machine both the infeed & outfeed tables are the same including the part no 139 011 9468...........

Hello Keith
Just checking that is the part number for the tables and not another part.
Thus far having reversed and set up the blades it's working really well when it comes to the thicknessing side. However some of my mill timber can have a slight bow to it so it's getting more important to get the planer side sorted out.
As I keep having to move it about (never enough space) I'm also thinking to get a set of wheels like on my table saw so I can trundle it a lot easier than walking it around. Unless anyone has a different solution ..........

Think I just found it, hope so.
100 - JOINTING TABLE 286.6X525 HC 260 C
MET-1380717421.0 £73.68 + VAT £88.42
from Miles Tool & Machinery Centre.

Hi Jon,

The part no seems to be correct and a good price. Looking at the Miles site they list 4 versions of the 2.2 all with the same pt no except the last digit but this probably is just a ref number for Metabo use.

It would seem that these Metabo tables will fit your machine but if you have not done so I would give Graham Martins at Metabo a call or email ( mailto:[email protected] ) and explain the situation, unless he gives you a definite no for the compatibility of the parts, I would be placing an order. If they did not fit I think you could always return them under the distance selling regs, subject to carriage etc and there is always ebay #-o

I did not forget about sending the other parts list but my scanner had to be replaced and I have not had chance to set up the new one yet, will try to get them to you in the next few days.

Good luck,

Regards
Keith

Hello Keith
It turns out that Miles don't stock that part and have, I think, directed me to Metabo. It wasn't clear if they would order it in or not (awaiting another email). I believe the other parts, the cross bar assembly (about £30) is available from them. Miles are certainly quoting cheaper prices than others I've seen.

My thanks
Jon

Latest posts

Back