December Challenge - The results!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
Richard has spoken :)
Hi Nev
The results are as follows:

1st henton49er. Generally heavily coloured work is not my thing but because of the subject matter I feel this was done very well and only added to the overal effectiveness of the cracker. The shape is simple but with an excellent combination of detailing. A really excellent festive cracker, well done!

2nd duncanh. I really liked this entry. Once again I'm not a massive fan of piercing, I find it a little samey unless really well executed but with this on I feel it just kind of works and adds a little festive twist to the cracker. A good shape and finish standard all round as well. Good job!

3rd Nev. A really good entry. Marked down slightly because the shape isn't, in my mind, quite right for a cracker, but the finish, added decoration and the clever and slightly different way you have joined it, along with good comlipentery choices of timber make it a really good entry. Well done.

4th Brianhabby. I liked the simplicity of this one. Good choices of timber with simple decoration and well finished. Well done.

5th Hesh. Another simple design using a bold colour that would be off putting for anything other than a Christmas decoration. Good finish and I like the touch of making the space the right size for the gift 'so it doesn't rattle around' this shows some real thought went in to the design. Well done.

Special prize for the gift goes to Nev for his little car. I like the way it comes to pieces like a real cracker gift would but is real quality rather than the plastic tat you usually find in there! Also it is. A development of an old project which I like to see as well.

Well done to all entries. Wishing you all a very happy new year! :D

Cheers

Richard

so to the points...

Henton49er - 6 points =D> Well done Mike =D>
Duncanh - 5 points
Nev - 4 points + 3 for the novelty :mrgreen: = 7
Brianhabby - 3 points
Hesh - 2 points
Dennisk and Jumps - 1 point each

Roundup

Thanks to all involved =D> and a well done to Brian too for getting 3 points on his first entry =D>

So totting up the figures, this means that the overall winner for 2012 is
RolandChayer-DrumRollSmiley.gif

............................. DuncanH with 36 points =D> =D> =D>.
smiley_champagne.gif

Well done Duncan, great going! and with only 10 entries too! The man to beat next year ........?

Well, I am gobsmacked and rather humbled at winning my first ever monthly challenge, and for the sort of turning I don't usually do -spindle work and forstner drilling. :D :D :D

Congratulations to all the other entrants - I thought the standard was very high. =D> =D> =D>

Finally, thanks to Nev for the organisation and to Richard for the judging. =D> =D>

Happy New Year to all

I nearly didn't enter when I saw the standard of the other entries so it was expecially nice to be placed 4th.

I think all the entries were really good and would like to thank both Nev & Richard for their work in organising and judging.

I wasn't sure how the points worked on these challenges but I get it now - I will have to try again next year.

regards

Brian

AAW JEEZZ , you fellows are getting betterer and betterer !! Brillient selection of crackers all very well turned and great ideas of what should be inside them .

Well done to all the winners , and all who took part over the year . Well done to Duncahn for the overall win .

To the judges for very fair decisions on very difficult subjects.

To Nev . who took over and kept the Challenge going ,Well done , and I hope you have as good a year in 2013 HAPPY NEW YEAR .

Congratulations to everyone who entered and of course to Duncan for finishing top of the pile. Well done to everyone involved and the judges and I wish you all a happy New Year.

Steve

Great work, guys - and congratulations to the podium posse - Well deserved.

Special Big-up to Duncan - Well done!

Happy New to all and huge thanks to Nev for organising, Paul and Richard for judging and Alan for keeping score.

Greg

Congratulations to henton49er and everyone else who entered - I certainly found it the toughest of all the challenges and can certainly understand why there were fewer entries than usual.
It was great to win overall but the best thing about last year's challenge was that it made me try out new designs and techniques that I would otherwise probably not have tried. That's why I take part.

Thanks to everyone who's been involved in running the challenges, either by setting them, judging them or helping with the scorecard

duncanh":348zzvgi said:
Congratulations to henton49er .....

and congratulations to you as well, duncanh, for taking overall top spot in the Challenge table. If you had been able to enter every month, I suspect your winning margin would have been even greater!! =D> =D> =D>

I too have turned things for the Challenge that I would not have thought of turning on my own initiative. The cracker was the one that I found needed most skill and accurate measurement, but the "suspended ball" and the "5 rings" challenges were also thought-provoking.

Now for the acorn box!! (hammer) (hammer)

Back