Darwin Award nomination

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, the Darwin Awards have been defunct for a few years now. That fact doesn't appear to have reduced the number of people attempting to win it.

The entire group must all be completely gormless aswell !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

phil.p":3d6ct4n3 said:
The heat created by setting plaster he's lucky not to be badly burned.

I remember someone losing a hand to burns caused by plaster of Paris in a school a few years ago.

We video-called our technical rescue colleagues for advice and eventually managed to get him unstuck

no, you video called as many of the lads as you could to show them just how moronic some people are, especially when the term "youtube video pranksters" is mentioned.

I know we say this about every generation that follows our own, but my god what planet are these kids from, they really do seem to be getting stupider (says me who's generation produced jackass)

th.jpeg

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 2,728
novocaine":1pekwjfv said:
We video-called our technical rescue colleagues for advice and eventually managed to get him unstuck

no, you video called as many of the lads as you could to show them just how moronic some people are, especially when the term "youtube video pranksters" is mentioned.

I know we say this about every generation that follows our own, but my god what planet are these kids from, they really do seem to be getting stupider (says me who's generation produced jackass)

They were always here, problem is the internet gives them more reasons to be themselves and tell everyone.

I'd have let him die personally, shame there were witnesses.

He and his moronic cohorts should be made to pay a fine - or raise money for firefighters charity or something.

Freddyjersey2016":3ptz19xo said:
They all need to be named & shamed I am afraid - he is very lucky to be alive

agree with this, it's discusting behavoir, arguably attempted murder, and very serious, I just can't see the funny side.

Youtube must be one of the most mixed blessings ever created - on the one hand it is a powerful platform for teachers and pupils in all walks of life, and a bountiful supply of often useful advice, on the other hand it has encouraged a generation of already self-obsessed idiots to do absolutely anything, no matter how stupid, to feed that hunger for 'fame'.

One added benefit though is that we can at least now watch many Darwin Award nominees actually carrying out their empty-headed stunts.

What lovely people here, and so good to know none of you has ever done anything stupid and needed help.

He did a silly thing, he learned a very valuable lesson I hope but we all do stupid things, drive too fast, climb a dodgy ladder etc etc.

rafezetter":1dj6nrxm said:
I'd have let him die personally, shame there were witnesses.

You disgust me! That is somebodies child, stupid or not that remark is sick.

The problem with those self obsessed people searching youtube fame is that once helped out of the predicament they put themselves in they will come up with and do something even worse.......

I think he should have been awarded with 50 days mandatory duty washing and cleaning fire fighters equipment for free.....with possibilities to get his duty shortened to just 25 days if he works hard and proves himself useful.

If you soak them in wit for long enough some of it will usually leak into their brains.

He and his mates were stupid, just as stupid as most currently mature people have been at least once in their lives, as has already been said.
He was relived of the immediate consequences of his stupidity by people doing their jobs, paid for by him and his mates just like they are paid for by all us sensible working folk.
Being shown-up for you daft acts usually goes a long way to teaching someone to think ahead a bit more the next time, doing chores for firemen who were just doing their jobs is rather petty and inappropriate.

Rorschach":xvrx8q2a said:
...... and so good to know none of you has ever done anything stupid and needed help.
Nope...not me as far as I recall. I'm sure that there others here who aren't as stupid as Cement Head.

He did a silly thing,
I nominate this for 'Understatement of the Year 2017'. It was stupid. It was moronic. He wasted the time of others. He's in the same category as numpties who go walking up Snowdon in winter without proper footwear and clothing. They then expect to be rescued when it all goes pear-shaped. Plain daft. Leave them up there. Then the message might get out not to do damn stupid things.

he learned a very valuable lesson I hope
How do you know that he actually learned a valuable lesson ?

Back